Menu

S/O What movies have you walked out on?

Cosmos

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only walked out on one in my whole life. It was some weird one with Robin Williams in it. I think it was called, "What Dreams May Come" or something like that. I stayed about 10 minutes and just couldn't stand it for some reason.

I wish I'd left, but I kept going (fixed autocorrect) hoping it would get better or the special effects would save it. Nope.

Don't feel bad, I can't stand any of the Lord of the Rings movies or Chronicles of Narnia movies. I feel really bad too because I'm a christian, but I just find them insanely dull. 

I have to ask... do Christians have a religious obligation to like LotR? :P  I mean, I think everyone has an obligation to like them because they're awesome.  :D  But I didn't realize some people watched it for religious reasons.

I didn't leave because I was on a date with dh, but. I wished I could have. Movie was Lord of the Rings. I'm still mad I wasted three hours of my life. (ducking tomatoes)

Oh gosh, this was me. It was the first movie my now DH and I went to together. I seriously thought it was never. going. to. end. It was almost painful.

I've never walked out on a movie. If I pay the insane theatre price, I'm going to suffer through the whole thing!

IME you can get a refund if you walk out early enough.

My mom, sister, and I walked out of what Dreams May Come. Too weird! We went to see Life is Beautiful for the 3rd time instead.

No Country for Old Men...oh my goodness. It felt like 17 hours of my life I'll never get back. IMDB says it was only 122 minutes. But, I promise, it felt muucccchhhhh longer.

Heh. That's about how I felt after Howards End. I didn't dislike the movie, but it really did seem like I'd been there for a day and a half. 

I almost walked out on Jurassic Park, but then again, I was 8 months pregnant and highly emotional.  I was just terrified to the point of hyperventilating.  There was a 10 year old next to me who was laughing at my distress (along with dh, who made me stay because I would have been even more traumatized if I didn't see a decent resolution.)  I had nightmares for weeks.  After seeing the movie later, I was amazed that I was so traumatized.  When ds19 was 5 or so, we had to leave Toy Story 2 because he was so upset that Woodie was never going to see Andy again (I think it was his 42nd setback that distressed my son.) 

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I went because Johhnny Depp, and left because I didn't get it. Possibly because I've never been high.

My best friend made me leave Fellowship of the Ring in the middle of Moria. I forgave her because I'd already seen it a couple of times.

I have to ask... do Christians have a religious obligation to like LotR? :p  I mean, I think everyone has an obligation to like them because they're awesome.   :D  But I didn't realize some people watched it for religious reasons.

They don't like them for religious reasons, they like them for the "biblical symbolism' and "gospel parallels" that runs through them. Regardless, I found the stories boring. I prefer going straight to the bible. I like my fantasy to be fantasy and my Bible to be truth. 

When I was in college , the college showed "classic" movies outside, free for students.  THe only one I walked out of was 2001 A Space Odyssey   BORING. 

Dh made me leave Zelig, he really hated it.

For the last few years I have only gone to movies such as the new Star Treks, the marvel movies (Thor, AVengers, Iron Man, Captain America) National Treasure movies, Narnia movies.  Movies that I know I will love cause they just cost too much.  If I am not sure if I will be more than likely to enjoy a movie, I just wait to watch it on dvd.

By the way, Moonstruck, is one of dh's and mine's favorite movies.

Also love all the LOTR movies and watch the dvds often.

Eyes Wide Shut -with Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise. Horrible movie. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was a last minute thing a (sort of) friend wanted me to go to with her. I had never even seen a preview. Icky

Event Horizon- Dh and I love scifi, but neither of us liked this movie. I regret that we didn't walk out. Had we been older/more secure (hard to explain), we would have. We definitely would at this point in our lives.

We still use this movie as a negative benchmark for all other movies.

Face Off with John Travolta and Nicolas Cage, directed by John Woo. My now-dh and I were on a date with a couple of his friends. They all loved John Woo. I should have known better as I had been at his apartment while they watched some other blood-bath. But, we were young and in love and I wanted to go out with him. Oh. my. goodness. I don't think I made it halfway through it. 

Austin Powers, I think the second one.  I think, at the beginning of this one, there was a trailer for a spoof movie, and it had all these famous movie stars like Gwenyth Paltrow... I was wishing we could have watched that fake movie instead.  "Goldfinger" was so stupid and disgusting it just made me mad.

Anchorman-- so boring.  Poor Will, he tries so hard but he is just not interesting to watch.  

There Will be Blood.  Of all things, I hated the music.  It was so grating.  It seemed to try to draw you into this atmosphere of impending doom feeling, yet the movie dragged on and nothing much happened for a long time.  I mean, I could tell by the title, that something bad was going to happen, so there was no need to pound it in with music!  I was so bored and frustrated that I left poor DH on his lonesome.  I went to the foyer and had a long conversation on the phone with MIL.  Then I came back and nothing was still happening.  So I went into the next theater and watched the rest of Juno instead. 

Crash.  We thought we'd like it because we liked other Jason Stratham movies (action fans, that's us) but it was just too...smutty.  

I wish I'd left Vanilla Sky.  I kept thinking I'd understand what was going on, and I never did. Now I don't want to give it any more of my time!

I've never walked out but the only 2 movies I always wished I walked out on were Ishtar and Kramer vs. Kramer.

Dh and I tried to watch Pulp Fiction on VHS when we were dating, and we didn't finish. I guess that's sort of walking out. We returned it to the video store (remember those? LOL) unwatched.

I almost walked out on Jurassic Park, but then again, I was 8 months pregnant and highly emotional.  I was just terrified to the point of hyperventilating.  There was a 10 year old next to me who was laughing at my distress (along with dh, who made me stay because I would have been even more traumatized if I didn't see a decent resolution.)  I had nightmares for weeks.  After seeing the movie later, I was amazed that I was so traumatized.  When ds19 was 5 or so, we had to leave Toy Story 2 because he was so upset that Woodie was never going to see Andy again (I think it was his 42nd setback that distressed my son.) 

I remember Jurassic Park freaked me out. It was in surround sound and the office complex where I worked was in the middle of the woods and on the fifth floor. That was the year we had big huge thunderstorms almost every day. The thunder would shake the building and it sounded like a T-Rex walking around the building. The office was all glass exterior, so I remember being jumpy a few days thinking I'd look up and see a T-Rex coming out through the trees. 

As for walking out, no. I never go unless I know enough about a movie. Okay, I did get bored in 2012 until I started whispering with ds and making fun of the movie. I have turned off a few DVDs. 

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I went because Johhnny Depp, and left because I didn't get it. Possibly because I've never been high.

How could I have forgotten.  I knew there was another one.  That movie literally made me physically sidk.  Even Johnny Depp couldn't keep me there for it.

I have to ask... do Christians have a religious obligation to like LotR? :P I mean, I think everyone has an obligation to like them because they're awesome. :D But I didn't realize some people watched it for religious reasons.

Absolutely not. I have never understood the so-called 'Biblical parallels'...there is so much in LOTR that is simply not Christian at all. I'm sorry. They're just not that good.

I can't think of any movie we have walked out of. We only go to movies we really want to see and generally have checked into the reasons for there ratings. There have been a couple that were lame but not bad enough to leave. ;) I do remember having to leave Ernest Scared Stupid because my cousins were scared and freaking out, and I was annoyed by them. lol

Add me to list of those not loving LOTR.  I saw the first one in the theater with James Bond and felt like I'd been there a year by the time it was over.  Good grief!  What really got me were the hairy Hobbit feet.  They just completely freaked me out.  OMG!!  I just couldn't stop staring at them!  Ack!

I did walk out of U-Turn, which was just an awful, awful movie.  I should have made a U-Turn at the theater!  I also walked out of Silence of the Lambs when I was teen.  It creeped me out so much.  My friends stayed, but I couldn't handle it.  To this day, I've never seen the entire movie.  'Hello, Clarice." AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! 

I've never walked out but the only 2 movies I always wished I walked out on were Ishtar and Kramer vs. Kramer.

DH used to play movies on laserdisc in the barracks lounge, when he was on night watch there. He played Pulp Fiction often, and I must have caught the end half a dozen times, but that's all I've seen. Just the end.

Dh and I tried to watch Pulp Fiction on VHS when we were dating, and we didn't finish. I guess that's sort of walking out. We returned it to the video store (remember those? LOL) unwatched.

Ransom with Mel Gibson.  My date and I found the language so awful that we were ashamed to continue watching it.

I would have walked out on American Pie if I had not been trapped on a moving tour bus.  To add to the general awfulness of it, my seatmate was a casual, platonic male acquaintance who shared my Christian values.  It was memorable.

Edited for grammar

I've only walked out on one in my whole life. It was some weird one with Robin Williams in it. I think it was called, "What Dreams May Come" or something like that.  I stayed about 10 minutes and just couldn't stand it for some reason.

That's the one and only movie I've walked out on!

I walked out on the remake of Psycho. No one told me ahead of time that it was done as a supposed homage to the original, so I couldn't appreciate that aspect, and I am not an Anne Heche fan. 

I've also walked out on Cabin Fever (That was just a terrible, terrible movie), and Premonition (I had no idea what it was about before I went in. It hit entirely too close to home - down to be widowed and pregnant, and I couldn't handle it.).