Menu

What products do they no longer make that you wish they did?

DawnM

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved these, and I don't normally do breakfast bars. Every time I wander down the cereal aisle I find myself looking for them, just in case they ever bring them back.

Check out thinkgeek.com. I think I remember seeing it on their website a few months ago.

Hostess Chocolate Delight snack cakes - They were like a chocolate Twinkie, with choco cake, filling, and icing. Discontinued about 25 years ago, but were oh-so-good. Right now I'd just be thrilled if the new Hostess recipe owner would bring back Ho-Hos and Ding Dongs.

Bath & Body Works Plumeria fragrance

Avon's Diamond Dust nail strengthener - I just went to order some online the other day and it's *GONE*. I'm sad. It's the only thing that actually works to strengthen my nails. :\

If the nail stuff works, why do you need any more, LOL!

I might have some Plumeria stuff. If I do, it's yours!

There are many toys from the 50s - 80s that I adored and always wanted but my parents couldn't afford to buy for us, that I swore I'd buy for my kids, nieces and nephews. They are either no longer made or so overpriced by the one or two makers that still produce them that I'm disgusted!

Jacks. You know, little red bouncy ball and metal jacks. The jacks nowadays are all oversized (so they can't be swallowed) and rounded off (so they don't stab you? I dunno, they never hurt when I was a kid unless I stepped on one...). With the new ones I can't even hold more than 3-4 in my hand at the same time. No way to make it up to tensies. 😒

Royal brand pudding...dark and sweet chocolate flavor...

Thank for ruining my husband's Thanksgiving, you corporate dirtbags, always looking at the "bottom line" and "profit" instead of what kind of pie makes a man's holiday complete.

The day Royal stops making lemon pudding is the day I make my last lemon meringue pie.

The day Royal stops making lemon pudding is the day I make my last lemon meringue pie.

Girl, if that happens, you and I are going to the Royal HQ...it'll be like National Lampoon's Vacation when Chevy Chase kidnaps John Candy in order to get into Walley World.

Edit: that sounds like I'm kidnapping you. I'm not. We'll kidnap someone at Royal HQ.

Orbitz. It was a short lived drink that had little starch balls floating in it, probably inspired by bubble tea (which I'm actually not a fan of). Delicious but too weird for the market at that time. Darn.

I used to love this!

We load up at Panera on bagel Tuesdays and just freeze them ourselves.

I miss Jell-O Gelatin pops.  Not fudge pops, gelatin pops.  I haven't seen those since I was a kid.

I think I saw a homemade version of the pops on pintrest. 

I miss Baby Lash mascara. It left my lashes dark but not stiff.

Apparently, I can't get frozen bagels anymore-which is frustrating, because I don't need to eat a dozen bakery ones in the time before they go stale. The frozen ones worked great to stick in the toaster oven when I wanted just one.

We still have frozen bagels in our grocery store.

I STILL miss Carnation Breakfast bars

We used to have them for breakfast on swim team meet days.

I do Chewy Dipps Chocolate Chip. But its really not the same.

Me Too!  I loved Carnation Breakfast Bars.  I haven't found anything that has the same texture and taste.

I still buy frozen bagels at my local grocery store. The brand is Lenders, and like a pp mentioned, they are a far more normal size than bakery bagels.

:iagree:

I miss max factor's 2000 calorie lash. It was the only drug store brand that sold a henna color and looked the most natural on me.

I also have a pair off all weather

mocks from Lands End that are almost ten years old. I want to replace them, but I hear the new ones don't hold up as well.

I remember those! They were good, and I'm not a big fan of bars.

Ananya scented lotion at The Body Shop.

Dalwhinnie Pot Pie at Coopersmith's in Ft. Collins, CO. (Oh, MAN, those were good!)

rolls of toilet paper as wide as the toilet paper holders were designed for (yes, the rolls used to be that wide. The spindle used to NEVER show, and the roll didn't slide from side to side on the holder.)

Lost Vikings video game! That was a BLAST! The only way to get through all of the levels was to work together (keep all 3 characters alive all the way through).

hairbrushes that didn't fall apart after 1 year's daily use

Coppersmiths!! The first place my husband and I went when we moved to Fort Collins!

Coppersmiths!! The first place my husband and I went when we moved to Fort Collins!

Years ago when DH and I were in college there Coopersmith's served the Dalwhinnie pot pie.  It was heavenly, a vegetarian offering that even non-vegetarians strove to get.  Wonderfully seasoned, full of great fall veggies, homemade crust....  It took HOURS to make them so they made a set number each day and only through fall and winter, for supper only.  First come, first served.  They had remarkably early diners showing up whenever a fresh snow had fallen or the temperature dove.

We had moved away many years ago.  I emailed them 2 or 3 years back, asking if they'd be willing to share their recipe or even an approximation of it, since I could never get back there for another pie.  Sadly, the current manager had never even heard of them (they had stopped serving them some years earlier), and could find no recipe for them.  He did email me a description from an old menu he found in the files, though.  I need to dig that out and see if I couldn't reinvent it, or a reasonable mock-up, somehow.

Not that I know anything about making pot pies!  But it's worth a try.

*sigh*

Ft. C also had a Hungarian restaurant while I was in college -- Novak's Little Budapest.  WONDERFUL food, and she let me do my research for my Food & Culture class term paper there.  But they moved back to Seattle, if I recall.  I haven't had anything like it since.  Their goulyas (sp?) was HEAVENLY....

I STILL miss Carnation Breakfast bars

We used to have them for breakfast on swim team meet days.

I do Chewy Dipps Chocolate Chip. But its really not the same.

I decided to google Carnation breakfast bars -- look what I found:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Back-Original-Carnation-Breakfast-Bars/119582361408412

more importantly, here's a petition to sign:

https://www.change.org/petitions/nestle-carnation-make-carnation-breakfast-bars-again-or-boycott-chocolatier-nestle

They are still taking signatures.

Dish washing detergent that actually works without leaving my glasses cloudy and gross. I know, the new stuff is much more environmentally friendly, but I still miss the old stuff!

If you are talking for the dishwasher we have good luck with Finish gel packs.  However, your water might have something to do with it, too.  My in-laws have harder water and tend to get cloudy glasses over time.

Drixoral tablets. They were for sinus headaches, but they were also great for migraines. I have never found anything else that worked well for me since they stopped making them. :glare:

A (male) friend of mine in college discovered that Midol worked for his migraines when nothing else would.  His doctor told him to try it, saying that he couldn't predict who it would work for and who it wouldn't.  Have you tried it?

Jello pudding pops--- yumm (I can make those if I really want them though)

Mary Kay lipstick-- it was called "intensity controller"-- it took any thing that was too bright or too dark or or or  and made it pretty

Mary Kay mascara--- they used to make one that was waterproof, smudge proof-- but would wash off with just soap and water.

Penny loafers (at a reasonable price) I really want a pair but I don't want to pay $60 for them.

Jubilee Kitchen Wax - I'm still hoarding one 10 year old can.

Personal Touch razors - I can't find any that I like as well.

I still have two trays of replacement blades but somehow I lost the razor part. I've also randomly seen the refills here or there over the years but again, no new rasors being sold. I do miss those, that was the only one I liked and have yet to find a replacement that seems worth the money.

Mary Kay lipstick-- it was called "intensity controller"-- it took any thing that was too bright or too dark or or or  and made it pretty

I so agree with you on this. You could wear virtually any color lipstick, no matter how fair complected you are, and with Intensity Controller you'd not look like a clown. I loved that stuff. 

I don't eat many frozen dinner type things, but I LOVED Stouffer's Noodles Romanoff (sp?) in the little orange box. When I was a teen I would buy myself 10 at a time and stick them in the freezer for the times I craved comfort food. So yummy. *sigh*

They also used to make a ham and asparagus casserole thing with a pastry crust that was good. I haven't seen it in years.

I miss Borders, too.  Badly.  :sad:

Our Borders was our family happy place...lots of great memories...

Spanish rice in a can - had a recipe that called for this and it was such a quick meal.  I still make it with boxed Spanish rice, but it takes much longer.

Lana

I saw canned Spanish rice at the store tonight!  La Preferida brand I think.

Dish washing detergent that actually works without leaving my glasses cloudy and gross. I know, the new stuff is much more environmentally friendly, but I still miss the old stuff!

Try Finish Powerball Tabs, I haven't had any trouble with residue since I switched to these.

AFAIK there aren't any loose powder detergents tha don't leave a film now.

A (male) friend of mine in college discovered that Midol worked for his migraines when nothing else would. His doctor told him to try it, saying that he couldn't predict who it would work for and who it wouldn't. Have you tried it?

Thank you so much for suggesting that -- I never would have thought of it, but I just looked it up and the three active ingredients seem like they might really work for me! I'm going out to buy some tomorrow.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! :hurray: