Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarlett

My serious yet clueless boy

He is getting high school credit this year. This is new for him....in his previous 7 years he has worked a mastery based program. So I am talking to him about his grades.....3 As and a B...and how he can bring his B up to an A and how to keep the other As up.

Dead serious he says, " so what is the advantage of getting As?"

I'm sure a lot of homeschooled kids wonder the same thing! I think it's different when they go to school because of the competition for high grades, but I can definitely understand a homeschooled kid not quite grasping the concept until he realizes his grades will be important for getting into college.

I'm sure a lot of homeschooled kids wonder the same thing! I think it's different when they go to school because of the competition for high grades, but I can definitely understand a homeschooled kid not quite grasping the concept until he realizes his grades will be important for getting into college.

Yes I did explain that to him after a moment of confusion on my part....and later mom reminded me that one should strive for As in order to do your best. Forehead slap. Oh yeah!

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin