Menu

Homeschool fail

Scarlett

That's right!

Hearing, sight, touch, taste, smell, proprioception, vestibular. :) (there may be more. I forget)

DH asks what about these senses:

Propriety

Decency

Timing

Fair play

Entitlement

He's adding more:

Common (sense)

In(sense)

Direction

Humor

Timing

ðŸ˜

I've been reading him this thread on the way back from the zoo. Might have to stop -- traffic's getting thick. It'd be a real homeschool fail to rear-end someone on our field trip!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My kids have never had to place a phone call.  I'm not sure whether or not they would know how to.  (They sure know how to use my phone to take pics/videos, watch movies, etc. etc. - better than I do.)

My kids' teacher sent a note home saying that the math test (2nd grade) had been postponed to Tuesday, September 31.  ;)

You guys are making me feel better about my kid who's always "on the radar."  She may now know much, but she knows how to count down the months/days until X exciting event.  ;)  She's obsessed with planning.  I keep telling her that will be really useful in some job someday.  ;)

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking when I read redsquirrel's post! My DS couldn't tie his shoes for so long. I bought a little book shaped like a shoe and he learned to tie almost immediately, regardless of all the other shoe tying books I purchased. I kept the book in case he ever forgot.

Today he wanted his phone and he began spelling phone with an f. We just studied ph words in a spelling lesson, we all laughed.

Guest submarines

I wonder how many homeschool kids don't learn to tie their shoes until much later than their public schooled peers.

I haven't even tried to teach my 7 yr old... but I remember having to learn in Kindergarten. My teacher sent home this little cardboard shoe with laces for me to practice on b/c I was one of the few that didn't know how.  (Side note:  cardboard shoe!?  why couldn't I just practice on a real shoe, LOL!)

DS learned at 8, and thought it was the best thing ever. He had no need and no interested before that.