Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danestress

Soothing oral irritation

I need to take a medication that seems to irritate my mouth. My tongue becomes very swollen and erupts with what looks like disintegrating tissue. I know this is aggravated by the fact that I hold a lot of tension in my mouth.

I need ideas for how to (1) train myself to relax my mouth and tongue and (2) calm and sooth the irritation.

Hydrating helps a little but I need more. All suggestions welcome, but I prefer not to chew gum.

You didn't pass out in the middle of posting that, did you? ;)

Lol. Posting from my phone is so hard. I guess I hit post before I was ready!!!

Have you told your doctor about the side effect?

Chemotherapy caused horrible mouth ulcers in my mom's late husband. He had a prescription mouthwash that helped. I think it was this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008BRQK3A (Rx here, OTC in UK).

My DH gets bad canker sores. Switching to a SLS-free toothpaste really helps. You can swish liquid Maalox around in your mouth--that will coat the sores.

Sounds miserable. I hope you find something that works.

Guest inoubliable

Closys. 

http://www.closys.com/our_products/alcohol-free-oral-health-rinse.html#.UlVvqlDOkxE

A friend had to take a medication last year that irritated her mouth. She tried this and said that it helped a lot. We use it as part of our daily oral healthcare routine, without the flavoring. You can get coupons for the stuff from the website ($2 off) and it goes on sale at Walgreens every other week or so for $10/bottle. The bottles are large enough that the five of us still have some in the bottle at the end of a month. 

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin