Menu

Has anyone here ever had a heart attack? (Women)

AlmiraGulch

I have a good friend who had a heart attack at 36. She is now like a voice crying in the wilderness, telling everyone she meets about heart attack symptoms in women. Her warning signs (in retrospect) were shoulder pain and jaw pain for about a month before her attack. She was actually seeing a chiropractor for it and wondering why it wasn't getting better. 

She was (and is) very fit, a runner who had a high stress job. She now only works about 7 hours a week (in a different field) and is vegan, but has structural issues with her heart that are not going to resolve.

Did they check your blood sugar?

A few times I was scared I was having, or going to have a heart attack- but for me, it was because my blood sugar was too high.

I had recently had my A1C checked and it was 6.5- which is technically diabetic, but I was in denial :-/

They did.  It was fine. 

My grandmother thought she had the flu for 2 weeks after her heart attack. She didn't know she had one. After she became so tired that she couldn't walk, she thought from the flu, she went to the hospital where she was diagnosed and died within 12 hours. That's all I know.

Wow! Scaring and enlightening to read everyone's stories. Thank for you sharing. I think it's so great that we have a place to talk about these kind of things. I have gotten so much support on here for all kinds of things that have nothing to do with homeschooling and I value and appreciate you all so much!

My mom had one a few years ago. She started feeling pain in her chest, and my dad called 911. I went into the room to keep her company and she kept talking about how tired she was, how she wanted to pass out, etc. She was really sweaty to the touch too. They took her to the hospital and while we were there she went into that alert you sometimes hear about that caused tons of doctors and nurses to rush into her room. Thankfully, she was okay. She spent a week or so in the hospital, and they put stints in. Now she has to be careful because of her pacemaker with what she does, she can't go through the security things at an airport, the security things at stores can cause her issues too so she walks quickly through those and I can keep up with her easily so it doesn't look suspicious.