Menu

What does this mean on the Common App?

Martha in VA

"Do you complete applicants' academic ratings on the Common Application School Report?"

and

"Please indicate number of official transcript you can provide for the applicant."

I don't understand what they want to know.

Thanks  in advance for any help!!

For the first, I answered 'yes'.  The academic ratings is a section when you select the student's name.  The questions start with:  Compared to other students...

I had 2 "official" transcript.  The first was my transcript.  The second was my course descriptions.

HTH!

For the first, I answered 'yes'.  The academic ratings is a section when you select the student's name.  The questions start with:  Compared to other students...

I had 2 "official" transcript.  The first was my transcript.  The second was my course descriptions.

I have been told not to include CC and PS transcript on the common app because they must be sent directly from the schools...

Oops! I meant to reply last night, but forgot ...

Agreeing with Sue. I had two "official" transcripts -- the transcript and the course descriptions. CC and uni transcripts will be sent directly from the colleges. I have heard of people who also upload their student's reading list here (you can submit up to 4 "transcripts" here).

Oops.   I answered that question no.  :confused1:    I thought it was still in reference to class ranking, etc.   I did wonder if I was misunderstanding, but by that pt I was sick of the whole thing.  Don't think I'll tell ds about that mistake. :leaving:

I don't think it is a mistake - I took the question to mean "do I bother filling out the ranking stuff", and I did bother, so i answered "yes". If you don't fill it in, since it has really no meaning for a homeschool, saying no would be fine.

I also have tow transcripts, the actual transcript and the course descriptions. Giving a number in answer to this question makes that number of spots available for file upload.