gardenmom5

nutra sonic vs clarisonic  

11 members have voted

1. 1. what is your experience?

• I have used both - prefer nutra sonic
    • I have used both - prefer clarisonic
    • I have used one, didn't make a difference
    • I have used one, did make a difference
    • I've never heard of them - what are they?
    • obligatory other - aka: I like answering polls

anyone used one, how do you like it?  does it minimize pores?

please share your experience.

I did the Lancôme make-over and learned my oily skin was actually dry.  and I need to do a better job of cleaning my nose and chin.  (I feel no need to purchase their very overpriced product.)

I used the Clarsonic faithfully for 90 days. Not only did it not help, it very nearly ruined my skin. I went from having generally nice skin with some annoying enlarged pores to big painful cystic acne and whiteheads everywhere.

I called their customer service line and took all their suggestions: just wait, it gets worse before it gets better; use it once a day; use it every other day; use it once a week; blah blah blah.

It was the worst thing I ever did. I kept at it for 90 days because that is the length of the money back guarantee. I had spent almost $200 and I wanted my money back.

It took about 3 additional months to get my skin calmed down.

I'm not trying to discourage you from trying either, just letting you know my experience. They do not work for everyone and everyone's skin does not need to be so thoroughly exfoliated. If I had it to do again, I would have taken it back sooner. I just REALLY wanted it to work. I had saved up for it and was very invested in having beautiful glowing skin, but that just didn't work out for me.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

I've had both. Clarisonic bristles were softer. But I can't use either one, it made me break out awful. I have both of them a long time, but my skin only got worse. Tons of breakouts and red skin. Perhaps I didn't keep the brushes clean enough, not sure. Sephora gave me my money back with no questions asked. I cannot recall if I had a certain time frame to return or not, it's been awhile.

Sephora does have ONE sale a year, I think it's usually in November and IIRC, everything is 20% off. I think that's when I purchased the Clarisonic.

I'm very happy with Paula's Choice products so far, especially the skin resurfacing gel with AHA. I think that is exfoliating my face the best out of numerous products I've tried. 

• 3 weeks later...

I used the Clarsonic faithfully for 90 days. Not only did it not help, it very nearly ruined my skin. I went from having generally nice skin with some annoying enlarged pores to big painful cystic acne and whiteheads everywhere.

I called their customer service line and took all their suggestions: just wait, it gets worse before it gets better; use it once a day; use it every other day; use it once a week; blah blah blah.

It was the worst thing I ever did. I kept at it for 90 days because that is the length of the money back guarantee. I had spent almost $200 and I wanted my money back.

It took about 3 additional months to get my skin calmed down.

I'm not trying to discourage you from trying either, just letting you know my experience. They do not work for everyone and everyone's skin does not need to be so thoroughly exfoliated. If I had it to do again, I would have taken it back sooner. I just REALLY wanted it to work. I had saved up for it and was very invested in having beautiful glowing skin, but that just didn't work out for me.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

I had an identical experience.  It seems all that extra stimulation caused overproduction of sebum.  My skin was constantly broken out and red and inflamed the entire time I used the Clarisonic.  I do have sensitive skin, but I was using the "delicate" brush, which is even less harsh than the "sensitive skin" brush.  It was a terrible experience for me overall.