Menu

stress and confused mind

Melissa in Australia

HI guys. I am under a fair amount of stress at the moment, and am now starting to speak gobbledygook- mixed up sentences that make no sense, confused trains of thought etc. Fortunately DH is aware of the reason of my stress, and is being very good natured about it :001_wub:. He is even encouraging the children to laugh in a good natured way at my silly talk ( which really  helps :D  ).

Things I have been doing are walking for around 2 1/2 hours a day at a brisk pace and gardening. Can anyone suggest some sort of mind straitening out thing that I can do?

Reasons for my stress include finding out that one of my relatives is really a Martian, Having a mammogram and ultrasound on Monday for some lumps, and hearing a majorly concerning thing about  one of my children. None of the things I can have any control over, or fix...... or do anything about

While I don't like that you are going through this, it's comforting to hear that this happens to other people. I get kind of worried when this happens to me. It always sorts itself out as things settle down. Best wishes to you!

It definitely comes in waves with stress and lack of sleep and settles down, like it was never there in the first place. :)

you could try meditation, and having mozart or vivaldi playing in the background at home.... there is something to the organization of music that helps the mind. 

also, foods that are good for "minding your mitochondria" can  help..... think lots and lots of cruciferous veggies, low dairy, high omega-3s. 

hth,

ann

what helps me:

really *good* vitamin b complex (along with a good multi.)  stress uses up b vitamins, which people tend to be low on anyway.  you want the most bioavailable forms.

yoga - it's very good for stress

l-theanine - a nuerotransmitter (sometimes in combination with GABA will increase effectiveness.)

eta: vitamin d3 (form is important).  it's only just really starting to be understood how much d3 plays in our overall health.  your blood d3 level should be at least 50.   it does affect your ability to handle stress. (among *many* other things.)

"Reasons for my stress include finding out that one of my relatives is really a Martian"

I'm not sure that there is anything that can cure that kind of stress ;p

Sending you hugs and prayers for peace.

I loved my favorite martian when I was a kid.  but, bill Bixby did seem kinda stressed . . . . ;p

I agree with sleep and vitamins. In addition to the ones Gardenmom5 mentioned, magnesium might help; I have read that the body uses more magnesium when we are stressed, and many people are already low. Epsom salt baths are a great way to relax and replenish magnesium at the same time.

What helps me besides the endorphins I can get from exercise is to really focus on the world outside of me even if it is just the pattern of the wall paper in the room and not on what is spinning around in my head. In other words look externally not internally.  It takes a little practice but it can be a big tool in helping you to relax.  :grouphug:  Hope all your troubles are gone by next week!

HI Rosie,

I updated in the other thread, but will repost here

I had my mammogram and ultrasound on Monday. Firstly the technician did the mammogram and ultrasound and sent them to the radiologist, She thought everything looked OK . The radiologist found some abnormality in the mammogram that wasn't present in the ultrasound so he came in and did another ultrasound personally. His conclusion was that the abnormality in the  breast tissue is what I am feeling and it is not cancerous. So the verdict is that I am fine, but if I notice any change at all then straight back to the dr.