Menu

EIW Level 5 or 6?

Perogi

I'm thinking about doing a year of EIW between WWE and WWS. My dd is 10, 5th grade, and will finish WWE 4 partway through this year. I'd like to start EIW at that point and carry it into 6th grade, starting WWS when it is finished. I will skip the grammar lessons as we have that well covered. I've been looking at the samples and table of contents for levels 5 and 6 and can't decide which would be better as a bridge. This student has primarily done WWE for writing instruction, along with journaling and Paragraph Writing Made Easy. She doesn't have a clear sense of narrative, descriptive, compare and contrast, research report, etc.

Anyone more familiar with the materials have a suggestion?

Thanks. Part of the problem is that I will be spanning 2 grades....lol

Dd is finishing WWE 4 now and we will start EIW in Jan. Thus, it won't be completed until into her 6th grade year, at which point we'll begin WWS.

I emailed the author so we'll see what he says. I just can't tell between 5 and 6 which one will cover more of what I want her to know if I'm only using it for 1 year.

My daughter used Essentials in Writing grade 6 last year (she was in 5th grade and 11). It was not too challenging for her at all. Previously she had used BJU for 3rd and 4th, just to give you an idea of where she was coming from. She enjoyed EIW a lot. I liked it too, but felt the writing assignments were a little lighter than what we had been used too.