Menu

Ebay and Paypal really make me angry!

Abbeygurl4

I sold something 90 days ago and I get an email today that the buyer is requesting a "charge back" because of an unauthorized purchase. Now paypal put a hold on $37.

Ebay only lets you see the past 60 days of transactions, so I can't find the tracking number for the shipping info. The buyer even left me feedback saying "fast shipping". I've contacted Ebay and they are supposed to get me the tracking information .... we'll see. But how can they allow that?? Ebay and Paypal are owned by the same company, the buyer got his item, left positve feedback and he gets to keep the item AND get his money back? Isn't that fraud? 

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  I know it's not much money, but it's FRAUD! 

It's crappy that they can do that.

Check your paypal transaction history. You may be able to find the link to the ebay transaction that way.  Do you have it set up to send you emails? I always keep all ebay transaction emails in case I ever need them further down the road.

What is "chargeback for an unauthorized purchase"? Whose purchase was unauthorized? I don't understand.

But I am sympathetic. I was cheated by an ebay buyer who asked me to refund his money because he claimed the book I sold him was not not as I advertised-he said it was a TM when it wasn't. When I explained this to the ebay arbiter, they ignored me and told me I had to refund his money. Plus it was after the deadline for leaving feedback so I couldn't even describe his lies on his buyer feedback page!

I recently had to jump through hoops when I bought three things off an overseas seller and never received them. Contacted the seller and she admitted she never sent them and asked for more time because there was a festival coming up. Ummm no. Definitely no. I told her to refund my freaking money and the process for requesting a refund is super complicated. It took me weeks until the seller passed it to eBay asking them to settle it. Come to find out they had even lied to eBay with a false tracking number for some mysterious shipping company to San Francisco-across the country from me! But they had even told me they didn't ship it. I'm never buying from Asia again!

It sounds like someone may have used a stolen credit card number to purchase the item, and now the legitimate credit card holder has noticed the unauthorized charge on his credit card statement and has challenged it.

If you followed the steps in the Paypal Seller's Protection Policy, you should not have to refund the money - Paypal will cover it.