Menu

Our dog is a kleptomaniac

houseofkids&pets

We just realized this morning that our youngest dog's invisible fence collar battery is dead. We have dogs living in the housess on each side of us. Our dog has so far "borrowed" a huge bone, a rawhide, and two stuffed toys from the neighbors. She will be returning these  items and apologizing once we get home from church :laugh: !

My parents have a black dog named daisy. My dad tolerates this dog for my mom. This dog will not play with toys. She does however love my dad's things. She is obsessive about his shoe horn and back scratcher. My mom has had to replace several of these items. She has stolen other items of his as well.  Daisy loves my dad's chair. She thinks it is hers and sleeps in it all the time.

So for valentines day last year I sent him a card "from" daisy.  It was a heart and written in the heart was

"Dear daddy,I love you for ever and always. Love Daisy." 

When my dad first saw it mom said he thought it was from her.   She said he had the biggest smile on his face.  Then he saw it was from Daisy.  He did get a good chuckle out of it. I don't know if it softened him any to her or not.

My brothers were bird hunters while growing up and they had a bird dog.  The dog (Sergeant Joey Crackerjack)  once brought home a chicken off of someone's grill :crying:    We never learned which neighbor he took it from, but I always hoped it wasn't some old person that thought they were going senile!

Yvonne

That's funny!

Our dog doesn't steal from others, but he constantly runs off with our shoes.  Thankfully, he doesn't chew on them.  He just likes the feeling of having a shoe in his mouth, but then he drops the shoes off far away from where he found them.  We live on 5 acres, so this becomes problematic.  We try our best to keep shoes high off the ground, and I now know that I can't count on shoes being where I left them (so I start looking for shoes at least a couple hours before we need to leave the house).