Menu

All packaged, everything included kit?

Tohru

I'm tired of planning and my kindergartener wants to do school like her older siblings.  We do Horizon math and a Reading Made Easy lesson most days.  She wants more.

I need something that is planned out for me, with everything included, art supplies, crafts, etc.  Honestly I don't care if it is history, themes, or science.  I just want it there, open and go.

Any ideas?

We did mfw k and it was a great fit for us. The only thing you have to get that is not in the deluxe kit is the book day books and reading list books from the library, but they sell a lit. package seperately if you want to do that :)

It covered art, music, social studies, science and religion in addition to daily math + Lang. so I likes that it was all mapped out for me.

• 3 weeks later...

It's secular and there are some things you might not love...but overall we loved Calvert K.  I did it with my dd as a young K'er and then did some extra advanced K stuff before moving to first grade.  It has hands on projects, picture books, a cute colorful math program, and the reading program is good.  It is NOT only phonics based and uses a blend of sight words and phonics but we had no problems as I followed it with Adventures in Phonics.  It has music, songs, singing, a few finger plays, and lots of interesting picture books.  We have very fond memories.  It's expensive but it is completely and totally all laid out and easy to use. 

If you're interested in adding an "open and go" Art curriculum to the Math and Reading you already use consider Artistic Pursuits (http://artisticpursuits.com/). The book is non-consumable but the art packs need to be purchased for each child. We use the PreK text and love that it introduces kids to the Masters. I purchased my book used and found the supplies inexpensively at local stores.

And/Or maybe just add the Science resources from Timberdoodle. "My First Super Science Kit Deluxe" or "Big Bag of Experiments" are nearly complete sets. My brother uses Timberdoodle PreK and my niece loves the experiments.

I know these aren't "all inclusive" options but they are more budget friendly.