Menu

Funny article on Whole Foods

Mom in High Heels

I am seriously unimpressed by the writer.  As my mother pounded into me, if one must rely upon vulgarity and "bad" language, one has little to say in the first place.

I never have seen a WFM that resembles the one described in the article.  A machine to stick my face in for calibrating wrinkles ?!?!   A hawker for group cleansing??  (part of a twelve-step program, I suppose) . . .  I could savage this article still more with little effort. 

I'm quick to poke fun at "Whole Paycheck", where much of our grocery funds are, in fact, spent.  This article, though, leaves me as limp as last month's cilantro that landed on the pavement. 

Been in one like that. Never again.

I do much of my non-hoarding shopping at WF, but it's a small neighborhood store and very low key. Many of the people working there I've know for 10 years (it was a New Seasons then a Wild Oats and now a Whole Food; I do NOT miss Wild Oats). I'm not into the who CAM scene, and it is best to assiduously avoid "Whole Body Care" except for a quick dash to get Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap bars (price matched to Trader Joe's).  But... nice people. Just today I was asking my favourite cheese guy what he'd use for a blue cheese dressing that was similar in profile to a fantastic-but-$40-a-pound-on-sale-and-not-for-dressing Rogue Creamery Blue I love. He snatched a smallish package up and stuck a "Try Me" sticker on it. This is going to be the best blue cheese dressing ever. He knows we buy good cheese and that I'll be back.