Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baseball mom

What's for supper?

Chimichurri steak (top round, pan seared)

Roasted veggies

Pinto beans

Everything sounds so good! But I'd love to have recipes for these.

Um. I open the bag of frozen ravioli, put it in a sprayed casserole dish, pour a jar of spaghetti sauce over it, stir, cover with pizza cheese and the lid and bake at 400* for 30 mins or so.

Slice zucchini (I had 6 1" diameter, 8" long zukes. It wasnt quite enough for the 5 of us) into thin rounds. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper then spread it on a sheet pan and cook on the other rack in the oven. They're done when they're brown. You can flip partway through to brown both sides but I dont usually bother. Serve with parmesean. Red pepper flake is yummy too.

I've been sick recently, and haven't done the meal planning or grocery shopping.  The kids have Aikido tonight, too, so I will have DH pull out fish sticks and frozen cooked shrimp to fix for supper while I get the kids home from Aikido.

Most Aikido nights I thaw a lump of meat (mammal, bird, or fish), and DH grills that.  We serve up a freezer veg and maybe bagged salad with it.

AMJ I love your 'lump of meat' statement. Sounds like my family talking.

We are having homemade cinnamon rolls, eggs, fruit cups, and milk. The 5 guys have to be at a Church thing and I have a Woman's Mtg to go to tonight all at the same starting time. DD will go with Daddy to the Church thing.

Everything sounds so good! But I'd love to have recipes for these.

I put sliced chicken breast in the cast iron with oil and fajita seasoning (http://mexican.food.com/recipe/fajita-seasoning-mix-28011 - minus the chicken bouillon). When that's almost done, add thickly sliced bell peppers and onions and a bit more oil and seasoning. Cook until peppers are barely tender. Serve with tortillas (we use corn because we're GF), cheese, salsa, sour cream, and a banana for the three-year-old that swears he hates everything else except sour cream.

Rice was cooked in chicken broth with a little chili powder.

Beans are the can of pintos from Aldi, dumped in a blender, then heated in a pan with some oil, garlic, and cumin.

I'm embarrassed by how long it took me to figure out how to make fajitas that smell as good as restaurant versions. It seems so easy when I type it out!

Enchiladas (that the kid helped make) and a baked rice thingy to go with it.

I would love the recipe for the baked rice thingy, please. It sounds like something we would like, and it's exactly how I refer to the things we eat around here.

We were supposed to have taco pie, salad, mandarin oranges, and cornbread. However, school and taking care of dgd took all of my time today, so we had leftover melt in your mouth chicken breasts, green beans (blech...I don't like green beans), roasted Brussels sprouts (yum!), and rolls.