Menu

What's for supper?

Baseball mom

I am at work late providing training to our group facilitators.

My dd is at a friend's house overnight working on a Physics project.

I purchased a frozen lasagna for the boys.

I think that Olive Garden is providing our dinner (for training) but I can't have any! Well, I guess I can have salad.

I am seriously missing my mom today. I am making biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight with veggies on the side. Judge me all you like. My mother's name for it was much more, um, colorful. I don't like milk gravy so it's a brown sauce more than a traditional biscuit gravy.

Now I just have to know what your mom called it. I LOVE biscuits and gravy but veggies on the side are so unnecessary. I'd just eat the biscuits and gravy until I lapse into a carb coma. 

I'm doing a cheese platter with asiago, havarti dill, and port wine cheese. I'll serve it with crackers, a dollop of whole grain mustard, some quince paste, and either pepperoni or smoked oysters; whichever one DH wants. The kids fended for themselves so we're doing late movie and snooty choose platter for dinner :-) it's almost 9 and I've yet to assemble this platter.

I also bought my first ever wine-in-a-box since we're big on drinking half a bottle and wasting the rest.

stuffed peppers started in the crock pot this morning.

Chicken fajitas with rice and beans.

I made a scalloped potato and ham casserole and a salad with cucumber, carrot, and celery. 

Chicken noodle soup. Rainy and yucky here today.

shredded chicken tacos

Baked ravioli and roasted zucchini coins.

It was yummy :)

Everything sounds so good!  But I'd love to have recipes for these.

I found an old recipe for black bean lasagna I'm fixing tonight - if I can finish school in time to get it all together before heading out to take DD to Girl Scouts.

I am seriously missing my mom today. I am making biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight with veggies on the side. Judge me all you like. My mother's name for it was much more, um, colorful. I don't like milk gravy so it's a brown sauce more than a traditional biscuit gravy.

SOS??? ($h!t on a shingle) we just call it SOS :)