Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlmiraGulch

"We'll just look. We don't actually want another dog...." (Puppy pic inside!)

Thanks for sharing in my cuteness overload.  

She really is adorable, and absolutely picked us.  Getting a new puppy never even crossed our minds yesterday. We must have played with a dozen of them, all adorable (because they're puppies, after all).  Never even tempted.  But this little girl claimed us.  She came straight to me, purred when I held her.  Yes, purred.  Like a cat (ok, so I'm sure it was just some respiratory thing from her smushed face, but it felt and sounded like a purr).  She fell asleep on my shoulder.  She about licked us to death.  She laid down on DD10's feet and nuzzled her.  If anyone else played with her or picked her up, she wiggled and whined until she was back with one of us.  Wherever we went, she pranced behind us as if that's where she belonged.  Irresistible.

She's 1 year younger than our sweet Olde English bulldog boy (he was born 5/24 last year, and she was born 5/26 this year) and they are having the best time playing and getting to know each other!  He's also protective of her, herding her away from our crazy old girl cat who just hisses at the dogs.  Adorable.  I can hardly stand it.

She's lovely!!!!! I remember growing up my bedroom was on the second floor above our Sharpei's bed; I never was scared at night because I could always hear her snoring and knew everything was okay. :)

Btw, I've never actually "picked" a dog or cat; the first one that climbs into my lap is usually the one that comes home with us, lol...

If I had a dime for every time I said 'we'll just look,' I'd have a lot more money and a lot less critters. Lol.

Congrats--that is one irresistible puppy!!

Well, my sweet little bundle of joy is still just as sweet, but it's clear she isn't going to be as easy as her big brother was to house break!  Despite our getting up with her every couple of hours to take her outside, she still managed to poop in her crate in the night, and then left us another big present in the middle of the living room floor this morning, immediately after we came in from being outside.

In her defense (not that she needs a defense...she's a puppy, after all), I realized after the Living Room Floor incident that she had been trying to tell me that she had to go out, and I just didn't recognize it.  I'm just going to have to pay better attention.  

Babies.....