Menu

Check out your Navy Base for a program called "Starbase Atlantis"

Hi everyone, this is actually my first post to make. I have replied to 37 but haven't written any till now. How fun. Now I found those smiley faces. ha ha Any ways, to get to my post. My DS was involved in a program this week called "Starbase Atlantis." It is for 5th and 6th graders. They go everyday for a week all day. They get 25 hours of Science and Math. They do the most awesome things with your kids, they did here anyhow. Here is just a few to mention, science projects Norton laws, learning on motion and air, riding on a hovercraft, learning to fly (flight simulators), and making and launching a relaunchable rocket that they get to keep. They did so much more, but this is what first comes to mind. It was so good. I recommend anyone interested to look for Navy bases in your area that may be offering this program. I was told by the instructors that there is over 60 of these Starbase programs in our country. Also, my DS attended this with and through our home school group. They may only do it by group settings. There was 27 kids that went this last week with my DS. They do the group setting so the kids can make new friends and learn to work together (team work). Check it out. It is a neat program. :D

Hi Missy!

I agree this is a wonderful program! 2 of my Dc participated in the same program last week and Dd #1 participated in a Starbase program in Alaska at the Army post. This program is wonderful and a great experience for the kids.

Here is a site that gives an overview of the Starbase program and it also lists the cities that have a program available.

http://www.defenselink.mil/ra/html/starbase.html

I guess this program can be through Army, Navy, and I don't know about Airforce. Probably them also. So check them out, too. Thank you to my dear friend Beth for showing or pointing this out for me. I will be sure to let others know that as well. Oh, and sorry I haven't been chatting. I forgot to subscribe to this post and couldn't find it. But hey, if that happens to any of you. I figured it out. Just go to your profile and you will see a place to visit all of your threads you have started or visited yourself. Cool. :)

I don't know of any other links. Just the ones mentioned here in this post. The Seabee base here by my house (Gulfport Mississippi by the way MelMac) :) told me to go to starbaseatlantis.com But I didn't get any info that way. I think they may of given me the wrong one on accident. I believe I tried .org also. You guys could try it, I may of missed something.

Hi, I sent this post, but it didn't go through, so I am sending again. :) I was saying the only links I know of for Starbase are the ones mentioned here. My Seabee base by my house gave me the site of starbaseatlantis.com but I didn't find anything there. I even tried .org. You guys could try again because I may of missed something. :)