Menu

Common App and umbrella school.....how to deal with uploads?

8filltheheart

Ok, I am a little confused. We have to homeschool under an umbrella school bc there is no homeschool law here. But the umbrella school doesn't do anything other than report attendance to the county. For the in- state schools, I am definitely having the umbrella mail in the transcripts. But for the CA schools, it seems we have sort of been cornered into no man's land unless I do it myself simply under the homeschool category and not go through the umbrella?

Anyone else in a similar situation and how did you deal with it?

I know it would definitely be an issue for the in- state schools. I had forgotten until just a little while ago when I went to print one up. When we were moving here, we had a problem with the local university bc it was issued by me. I had to provide them a copy of VA law in order to prove that we reported everything directly ourselves and that the only way to have a transcript was to generate it. We weren't actually living here yet, so we weren't under the law here at that pt. I had forgotten about it.

I am don't know if it matters for out of state schools or not??