Menu

"The trouble with grade inflation: It works Easy A’s really do open doors, suggests a new study."

MIch elle

Candid, I don't think the article talks about undergrad admissions. It talks about graduate school and the job market.

My son told me something similar -- employers just couldn't resist that lovely 4.0, even if they knew the employee was not the best candidate for the job.

I imagine that somewhere down the line, that becomes less important. I'll have to ask him how it looks now that he's been employed several years.

Julie

Candid, I don't think the article talks about undergrad admissions. It talks about graduate school and the job market.

My son told me something similar -- employers just couldn't resist that lovely 4.0, even if they knew the employee was not the best candidate for the job.

I imagine that somewhere down the line, that becomes less important. I'll have to ask him how it looks now that he's been employed several years.

Julie

Yes, I saw that too. That is what is puzzling. 

My son's uni refuses to even look at US transcripts, saying they are "worthless indicators" due to uneven standards and grade inflation.  He had the choice of submitting either the SAT or ACT and then either a certain number of AP exam results or SAT subject tests.  

It's kind of sad that the EU has figured it out and the US hasn't.

A