Menu

Mythmatical Battles

Ravin

I bought this game from Rainbow Resource, and it's a huge hit with my DD.

It is well-crafted with eye-pleasing artwork, with mythology that appears well researched providing the game's theme. We bought the Egyptian/Norse set. I expect our next order will include the Greek/Celtic set as well.

Game play is similar to Munchkin, but with the twist that players must solve multiplication equations to declare attack/defense powers. An incorrect answer loses even if the attacker's card would win otherwise. It also encourages estimation for comparison when deciding which of an opponent's cards to attack, and addition and order of operations when attacking cards have weapon cards attached.

My kids love these too.  I first bought them a couple years ago and they used them so much I had to buy a new set this last order I put into RR to replace the worn out, missing a few cards decks.  My kids think they hate math, and think they can't multiply but do just fine with the game.  To them it is like playing yu-gi-oh or pokemon or any of those games they like to play

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know of a video showing this being played? I bought it, and we just can't figure it out. I've read the rules multiple times, and my husband has, too. We've tried, but end up asking more questions about how to play than playing the game. So I think we're missing something. 

Does anyone know of a video showing this being played? I bought it, and we just can't figure it out. I've read the rules multiple times, and my husband has, too. We've tried, but end up asking more questions about how to play than playing the game. So I think we're missing something. 

Have you ever played Magic: The Gathering or Munchkin?

I could probably talk my DD into making a video.

Alibild.....I feel exactly the same way! I read the rules so many times and I actually did google for more explicit instructions and/or a video, but I just couldn't figure it out either!  My kids ended up making up their own rules, but I feel like we were really missing something, and the game now sadly remains sitting on our shelf!

Ravin...please let us know if you can talk your DD into making a video!  It would be much appreciated!!

Have you ever played Magic: The Gathering or Munchkin?

I could probably talk my DD into making a video.

No, haven't played either of those. I had my husband take a look, hoping it might be like some of the "boy" games I'm sure he played when he was younger, but he couldn't quite get it either. I would love if your DD could make me a video, that would be so very helpful.

Alibild.....I feel exactly the same way! I read the rules so many times and I actually did google for more explicit instructions and/or a video, but I just couldn't figure it out either!  My kids ended up making up their own rules, but I feel like we were really missing something, and the game now sadly remains sitting on our shelf!

Ravin...please let us know if you can talk your DD into making a video!  It would be much appreciated!!

Thanks, Aspen Song, glad to know i'm not the only one. I'm sure I could make up something, but hopefully we can see a video to help.

I don't know of a video with instructions. We really like Mythmatical Battles, and found the game mechanic similar to other dueling card games. Perhaps if you watch a video on how to play Pokemon or Magic the Gathering it will give you a better idea (and I am certain there exist videos on those games). Just realize there are no associated energy/mana in Mythmatical Battles.

• Like 1