Menu

What do you use for portfolio records when using Teaching Textbooks?

Instead of having my student take the tests at the computer, I print the tests out of the answer key/test bank book to be completed on paper.  I can still enter the answers into the computer so all grades are there, but I have physical proof of test completion.  Another benefit of this is that it is a truer test of the student's knowledge - there are no hints or second chances on the printed test. 

Do you need something for your portfolio?  If you have standardized test scores, that's all that matters.

My dd uses a spiral bound notebook for her scratch work for the TT lessons, so that would be a possible thing for a portfolio.  It would demonstrate she's working tidily and logically (lining things up, showing her work, etc.).  

Which state?  If you're talking about PA, don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

If you really want to show their actual work, print out a screen shot. For me, I use Picasa for photo storage, so if it's running, I click the button at the top of my keyboard that says "Prt Scr" for "Print Screen." It saves it as an image in Picasa, then I print from there. I'm guessing there is something similar on most computers???

Also, I have printed the table of contents of many textbooks or online/dvd programs. I do this anyway for my planning, and I turn in the pages with each lesson checked off.  i turn in very little of my student's actual work to the school district- I do show more to the evaluator, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in PA and I just pull a few pages out of their notebook that they used to do their work in - nothing fancy.  The state does not require grades, test, etc they just want to see progress so I take a few from the beginning, middle and end.  Maybe 6-8 pages total. It's not always neat or arganized either!