Menu

Feedback on Mapping The World By Heart

macmom28

I have the program. We have never actually used it because although I love the idea of Mapping the World by Heart the program really doesn't give much help in how to accomplish this. It is a very general program. You need to design it basically yourself. It mainly gives you lists of countries, rivers, mountains etc. to memorize and map. How you go about it is up to you. I really needed more hand-holding that it offers. We used, instead, Mapping the World With Art.

I have the program. We have never actually used it because although I love the idea of Mapping the World by Heart the program really doesn't give much help in how to accomplish this. It is a very general program. You need to design it basically yourself. It mainly gives you lists of countries, rivers, mountains etc. to memorize and map. How you go about it is up to you. I really needed more hand-holding that it offers. We used, instead, Mapping the World With Art.

I think I've ruled out MTWbHt based on the feedback here at the forum and am now looking into MTWwArt.  How do you like it, Susie?

I bought and then sold Mtwbh and purchased Mthwwa instead and really like it. We've been going through it slowly, maybe a lesson every week or two. We read the (short) history page that goes with the lesson, which has been a painless addition to our regular history program, and then watch the video and do the drawing. My kids really enjoy it and are learning a lot.

We have really liked Mapping the World with Art. It does not approach Geography by region but instead used history to string the maps together. Basically each chapter has some history reading, map drawing and other projects. You choose how much you want to do. Because of the history aspect the program starts off mainly around the Mediterranian Sea and than branches off following various explorers around the world. We use mainly the the drawing aspect and the YouTube links Ellen provides. I really like it. My son has learned a lot of Geography as well as drawing.

I did Mapping the World by Heart with my homeschool group when I was probably...10 or so?  possibly not even that old (so that was some 19 years ago or so).  It was VERY thorough.  I learned a lot even at that age and actually very much enjoyed it (I am art oriented so I'm sure that helped).  My mother also did it alongside my brother and I and I know she really enjoy it as well.