Menu

3rd & 4th LA?

gratitude

Is the following enough for 3rd / 4th grade LA & writing:

Writing: Writing With Ease

Grammar & Composition: Rod and Staff English (I have them do most of it written)

Spelling: Rod and Staff

Weekly: copy one scripture verse

History / book / Science narrations: oral

What do you think? Enough until 5th I hope!

There's no literature.  Otherwise those are solid choices. :) I'd probably skip nearly all the composition lessons in R&S since you're doing WWE. (I'll assume the Sonlight core in your signature has taken care of adding high quality children's literature.)

I am doing various things for reading and literature.  I didn't think to add that fact!  Thank you for pointing it out.  We have Core A going with a schedule & the read aloud books from ECC going with a schedule and a lot of Sonlight and HOD and Beautiful Feet and Lamplighter books around the house to read.  

It is good to know that WWE is extra and I definitely don't need anything beyond it.  Rod and Staff English is very good.  My boys are reluctant writers so the WWE is helping them with that fact.

Thank you!

There's no literature. Otherwise those are solid choices. :) I'd probably skip nearly all the composition lessons in R&S since you're doing WWE. (I'll assume the Sonlight core in your signature has taken care of adding high quality children's literature.)

I agree! :-)

There's no literature.  Otherwise those are solid choices.  :) I'd probably skip nearly all the composition lessons in R&S since you're doing WWE. (I'll assume the Sonlight core in your signature has taken care of adding high quality children's literature.)

I agree! :-)

I like this suggestion a lot.  Thank you!  :)   I was concerned that perhaps I wasn't doing enough in the writing department, since I don't have a good handle on how to teach my children to write.  Very helpful information.  You have made a good point that I don't need to do double composition lessons. Thank you!