Menu

What would you think is proper compensation in this situation?

SpecialClassical

Today I bought a floor model elliptical machine for $199. I made sure to stand by it because there were a range of machines at that price and that one was the highest quality and value. It was originally $1000. I paid for it, the salesman marked it sold and told me he would put it "away". My husband went to pick it up and it can't be found. So, if they don't find it should they find another floor model of the same kind, refund the money, or exchange for a cheaper version?

What I want to know is how they went about losing an elliptical machine. :glare: It's not like someone could have stuck it in a drawer and then forgotten where they put it.

I think what they mean is that they sold it to someone else.

Idiots. :angry:

I hope you're able to straighten it out and get what you paid for.

We found put what happened- they think. Another customer bought the same exact floor model and they were given ours by mistake. So the store gave us theirs. The other customer paid first for a machine that we now have. The store told my husband the one they eventually gave him is in better shape. So the other customer got cheated or the store is lying to make us feel better. My husband was pressed for time because of the screw up and had to go get my son from a school retreat.

Should I call the manager and insist the other customer be told about the mess-up?