Menu

another writing program question

jenniferlee

Ok, I need some more advice.

Two years ago I used FLL for my 6yo son and 8yodd. We did the whole book in one year pretty easily. Then last year I used primary LL for them both just having my younger do less sentences because writing is a little harder for him still. Toward the end of the year I started feeling like my daughter should be doing more. So I am going to separate them this year. But I don't know how exactly. any good ideas?

My son is now 8.5 and daughter 10.5.

They both enjoyed both programs so far, should I just move on to ILL and add something else in for my eldest? Or pick something else entirely for my son? I don't love the idea of doing TWO oral language lessons each day, should my 10yo being working mostly on her own? I feel really stuck.

thanks again,

Jennifer

If it were me, I'd just do ILL with your eldest.

Tomorrow, I will start PLL with my older two. At some point my dd (3rd grade) will need to move faster than my ds (2nd grade). And that is doable. :)

I still haven't figured out what to do for "writing" :001_huh: so can't help there.

We have PLL, ILL and Writing Tales 1- although I have the updated by Margot Davidson versions of PLL/ILL. I think we're going to do WT1 in-between PLL and ILL. I don't have any experience except that we have the programs because I expect to use WT1 then ILL next year in 4th.

I know there is others that use ILL and WT1 and if I remember right, they just skip some of the composition exercises in ILL and use WT solely for writing.

WT is such a great program, if I had your programs to choose from for your DD I would go with it. TracyR is using WT with a 2nd grader... I think you could do it with both if you write most of it down for your son as he dictates. Maybe she can give you some more advice. There is a WT yahoogroup too.