Menu

Pick one alcohol that would be good with a delicious lemonade

unsinkable

Lemonade with...  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What alcohol should I mix with lemonade?

• Jack Daniel's
    • Rum
    • Vodka
    • Tequila (i'd need a brand recommendation)
    • Other

I voted Jack Daniels, but really a better bourbon would be....better.  My favorite drink these days is 1.5 oz of good bourbon, 2 oz lemonade, and 1 oz pomegranate.  YUM.

My second choice would be vodka.  And if you happen to have any fresh basil, muddle a little and add that, too.  Delicious. 

Vodka. I think Absolut Citrus is good in lemonade. 

My second choice would be a silver tequila. Patron is my favorite tequila, but it is pricey. The 1800 Repasado is okay. 

I'm not a big rum fan unless it's mixed with other liquors or fruity flavors. So, I like Pina Coladas, but not coke and Malibu. 

Bourbon gives me a headache, even just one drink with bourbon, so I don't drink it at all.

Why not all of the above?  :D

You could make a variation of a Long Island Iced Tea - just replace the sweet and sour mix/Coke with your lemonade:

1 part vodka
1 part tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola®  

Read more: Long Island Iced Tea recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink590.html#ixzz2dPFnv69U

Whatever you decide to make, enjoy! 

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions!

And I bought.........

Absolut Citron!

I love vodka. I usually drink T and V (tea and vodka) or a screwdriver so I thought the citron would be a natural choice for me.

But I drank...........

Part of a chocolate milk shake that DH made for DD but I added a shot of Kahlua! Oh, yummy!

I wish we were all at a campfire together with our beverages of choice.

Sláinte!

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions!

And I bought.........

Absolut Citron!

I love vodka. I usually drink T and V (tea and vodka) or a screwdriver so I thought the citron would be a natural choice for me.

But I drank...........

Part of a chocolate milk shake that DH made for DD but I added a shot of Kahlua! Oh, yummy!

I wish we were all at a campfire together with our beverages of choice.

Sláinte!

Sounds yummy!  :)

Of all the boardies whom I would designate "fun to have a drink with", you're right up there.   Some day!   ;)

Triple sec.

But I've had some pretty terrible triple sec.  Lately we've been using Durango, which seems a lot better than the cheaper ones I've tried.

Someone also recommended Sauza tequila to me.  The clear kind.  I'm not a huge tequila fan, but this did make margaritas taste better than the other brand I had.