Menu

First two days in my new office space....

Halcyon

...went well! Okay, so i was a nervous wreck that everything would be ready in time, and organized, and that patients would like the new space, and be able to find sufficient parking, and then I couldn't figure out the wifi so no Pandora....but really, at the end of the day, it went well! Lots of patients (actually almost completely booked today!) including new patients, too. 

I still feel a lot of negativity coming from ex-partner, not just in "vibes" emanating from his office, but in actual texts, emails etc. ANd I still feel upset and unfortunately, can't just "Get over it." But I am slowly feeling better, and I think that I can actually do this, not just financially but also emotionally and time-wise.I have gotten a lot of kind, supportive emails and calls from clients which really helps.

I am still getting a Bagwa mirror, because you can see his space from my window.  :glare:

Yep on the mirror.

Congrats on getting into the new space. Hope its a pleasant place to work for a long, long time.

Re: the moving on...in your situation I compare it to a kitty litter box...you are the kitty-it takes time to cover the carp that he left behind, but eventually you will...then you can truly move on. :driving:

The more you tell us about that guy, the more I truly believe that you dodged a bullet. Can you imagine how awful it would have been if you'd had a formal partnership and then things didn't work out??? :eek:

At least now all he can do is be an annoying little snot. And the best revenge for that is to be sickeningly happy, upbeat, and cheerful. He will hate that.

Happy for you!  Have you ever told us what you do?

I'm getting an education; I went and looked up the Ba Gua mirrors.  Several of the sites say NOT to put them inside your building, and unless you really mean to harm the former non-partner, only use the concave one to absorb, not to reflect.   But, what do I know...not my thing.  : )

You are done with him. He is dead to you. Block his emails and calls. Give him your attorney's address and tell him to direct all future communications with you through that office. If he doesn't drop it, make a formal complaint against him with his licensing board. And don't be shy about letting it be known that you are considering a restraining order if he doesn't give it up immediately.

Because he is still trying to exert power over you. Either by controlling your behavior or by affecting and souring the rest of your life. Too bad. Success is the best revenge. I can only imagine how his toxic thoughts and attitudes are affecting how he practices medicine with his patients.

Just out of idle curiosity, what is his beef? He agreed to let you leave early. He set the amount of payment from joint funds. What's his gripe? You seem too happy? You look like you were not adequately crushed by the "setback" of losing your affiliation with him? You give a convincing appearance of being better off without him? Just as I have said to my 14yo dd until I am blue in the face, actions have consequences.

Hillfarm. You are right. I Am going to block his email and phone. There is no reason to be in touch with him.

His beef? That I am not sufficiently cowed. That I am not doing as I'm told, which would be to stay with him. That he is losing my revenues. That he was the one who built up my practice (according to him, it was all his doing) and now I am trying to ruin his business (not true, of course). In fact, I got two calls today from patients who were looking for him and of course i gave them his number and wished them luck with their treatments.

Turns out, however, that he is now offering all my clients free treatments if they switch to him. Yes, really. He still has their emails as they used an appointment system that we shared. I just feel badly for him at this point, really.

Do not quote.

I do not truly know you, because you are only one of my "imaginary friends" from the interwebs, but I am truly grateful that you got out when you did.

Dodged a bullet... This might be a bit of an understatement.

And, From my understanding of the natural/alternative healing arts, I feel sorry for his patients right now. He's putting a lot of negative energy "out there".

ETA: dude should be retired, sailing the Caribbean right now if he is so amazing he can "build up your business" in a three month, informal, trial partnership. Wow. Superman.

Really. I'm so glad you left when you did. I can't stress this enough!

So if he is responsible for your success, how come you are making more than him? Enquiring minds, etc.

I guess he thought of you as his meal ticket?

I admire your actions to do what was in your best interest, even though it was hard. I bet you have really grown from this experience.