Menu

Private messages?

mmeblue

I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I cannot figure out how to send (or where I would receive) private messages on this site.

I looked in the help section and saw this:

The personal messenger can be used to have private conversations with other members. To access it, select your username while logged in from the top corner of any page, and then press "Messenger".

But "Messenger" isn't one of the options when I select my username.  Is there a minimum post count before PMs are allowed?  Am I just missing something?  

Jean, I tried "My Settings," but there's nothing anywhere on the page that says messenger. :(

It's not like I desperately need to say anything to anyone in private.  I just realized at some point that I can't, and I would like the option! 

That is very strange, even when I tried inactivating personal messages the tab was still there for me. Have you tried contacting the admins?

I was thinking she should do this, too, except, how is she supposed to contact them if she can't message??? Hopefully they will see this thread and advise her.

I'm thinking that maybe when they switched things over, they must have made a minimum post number to allow PMs.

You could try clicking on My Settings.

Then click on Notification Options.

Which has a whole list of things.  

Check that the box is ticked on the top line.

Then scroll down and you'll see Private Messages, with another 3 lines, with boxes to tick.

You could try clicking on My Settings.

Then click on Notification Options.

Which has a whole list of things.  

Check that the box is ticked on the top line.

Then scroll down and you'll see Private Messages, with another 3 lines, with boxes to tick.

All of those boxes are already checked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Since this is still unresolved, I was wondering if I could have permission to simply start a new account.  I can use a different email address to sign up, and I can include something like "formerly mmeblue" in my signature for a while, if those things are helpful.  

Since I asked the question a week ago and have received no answer, I went ahead and created this new account.  Once I am able to add a signature, I will note in it that my username was formerly mmeblue.  Please note that I am not in any way trying to misrepresent myself with this second account, just trying to get an account that works like it should.  After I can copy my signature over, I'll sign out from the mmeblue account completely and no longer use it.

Since I asked the question a week ago and have received no answer, I went ahead and created this new account.  Once I am able to add a signature, I will note in it that my username was formerly mmeblue.  Please note that I am not in any way trying to misrepresent myself with this second account, just trying to get an account that works like it should.  After I can copy my signature over, I'll sign out from the mmeblue account completely and no longer use it.

So, do you have private messages on the new account? When I hover over your new username, I see an option that sends "Send message" and when I hover over mmeblue it doesn't have that option. What a mystery!

I like your new username. :)