Menu

Not the same ol' breakfasts

Mom-ninja.

I make gluten free sausage balls (an appetizer, really) and we have them with scrambled eggs. I generally bake a triple batch (3lb sausage, 4-6c shredded cheese, 4 1/2C gluten free flour mix, 3 T baking powder) and freeze in portions.

We like the banana ice cream too, especially with cocoa powder :).

I make cinnamon pancakes using oatmeal that I coarsely chop up on the food processor. Topped with fresh berries it is a good breakfast.

Also I am a big fan of sautéed veggies and greens with a egg and meat.

The banana bread from gluten free goddess is a favorite here, grilled in olive oil. It is egg, gluten and dairy free to boot.

I make cinnamon pancakes using oatmeal that I coarsely chop up on the food processor. Topped with fresh berries it is a good breakfast.

Also I am a big fan of sautéed veggies and greens with a egg and meat.

Also the banana bread from gluten free goddess is a favorite here, grilled in olive oil. It is egg, gluten and dairy free to boot.

:drool: Link please?? 

I make gluten free sausage balls (an appetizer, really) and we have them with scrambled eggs. I generally bake a triple batch (3lb sausage, 4-6c shredded cheese, 4 1/2C gluten free flour mix, 3 T baking powder) and freeze in portions.

We like the banana ice cream too, especially with cocoa powder :).

I was skeptical about the banana ice cream and was pleasantly surprised. I bet it is good with cocoa.

What does the four do in the sausage ball recipe? Cause in my head I picture it being just has good without the flour. (I try to cut grains where possible so my dh will eat it as he's doing low carb)

Just a tip for steel cut oats.  If you toast or quickly sizzle the s.c.o. in oil beforehand (as you would rice kernels for rice pilaf), it imparts a more nutty and satisfying taste to the oatmeal imho.

Good tip. Do you soak your oats?

I just bought a bag of gf oats. I've been afraid to try oats since some celiacs can't tolerate even gf oats. It's been 2 years since my diagnosis so I figured I'd give oats a try. If I can't eat them my kids can. Cross your fingers that oats don't make me sick.

Thank you!!

I am actually making some right now. When my husband takes it to work, it is a huge hit and no one has any idea that it is gf and df. Everyone just thinks it is yummy banana bread. I tweak the recipe a little sometimes adding applesauce and I increase the cinnamon. It's good with ginger too.

I get the Bob's Red Mill GF baking flour in 25 pound bags at Cash and Carry. That makes it cheap.

Good tip. Do you soak your oats?

Sometimes.  I can prepare s.c.o. in a rice cooker that can make the oatmeal ready at a preset time.  So I can put everything in at night and have it ready for the morning.  It doesn't taste too different to me whether I soak or not, but I almost always pre-toast (I also let the oats cool down a little before adding water if I am going to soak it overnight.  If cooking immediately, I do not bother with cooling anything off)

Good luck with your gf oats!