Menu

need science suggestions

leeannpal

Just started 5th grade year with dd. We are using Saxon Math, Shurley Grammar, Abeka history and novels/short stories for literature. We are happy with these choices but have no clue what to use for science. The thing is, she loves science, so I want something interesting and mostly hands on. What would be your suggestions for 5th grade?

BJU Science with the distance laerning option works here for my older ones, in particular. 

You could also choose an Elementary Apologia Science text on a topic she is interested in. 

We've used all of Ellen McHenry's science programs.  I haven't found anything else that explores science in such an indepth--yet kid-friendly--way.  Every science program she has is fabulous.  My son was so sad to hear that we're at the end of them, and I'm still at a loss about where to go next.

My dd10 and I just settled on the science Wiz kits. They come with a guide that I have heard is great! The instructions are supposed to be so clear that dd10 can do it on her own. They also have great additional resources for each kit on their website. We plan to do these and add in some of the online components and library books.