Menu

Humorous books for 9 yr old

Trying to find books my 9 yr old ds will enjoy. He asked for funny books. He loves Calvin and Hobbes and Dahl books. He's not into adventure books like my older ds. The books he read like the Warrior series and the like do not interest my 9 yr old at all. He's all about comedy.

Suggestions?

Fake Mustache

The Hoeboken Chicken Emergency

A Whole Nother Story

Sideways Stories from Wayside School

Horton Halfpott

Danny, the Champion of the World

Freddy the Detective

All of those are obviously pretty light, but if you'll go even lighter, the Origami Yoga books, Big Nate, Wimpy Kid, and anything by Andy Griffiths are all funny.  And there's funny fantasy as well like Michael Buckley's NERDS series and the Artemis Fowl books.

Guest Hollyberry

Urgum the Axeman

The Strictest School in the World: Being the Tale of a Clever Girl, a Rubber Boy and a Collection of Flying Machines, Mostly Broken (The Mad Misadventures of Emmaline and Rubberbones)

The Nose from Jupiter

Aliens on Vacation

The Day My Butt Went Psycho (series) - Andy Griffiths .....there are several funny books from this author

Sir Fartsalot Hunts the Booger - Kevin Bolger

Zombiekins - Kevin Bolger

Sweet Farts (series) - Raymond Bean

The Underwear Dare (also part of a series) - Nardini Sisters

Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder (series) - Jo Nesbo

I'm picking up on a theme here...... :lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll sit with him in front of the library site and see what's available.

If he is an advanced reader, try Gordon Korman. It's probably too advanced for him, but he is one of the funniest authors out there. You can actually read and reread his books  several times even though you know what is going to happen.

Gordon Korman who wrote The 39 Clues? Can you name a couple of title for me please?

If he is an advanced reader, try Gordon Korman. It's probably too advanced for him, but he is one of the funniest authors out there. You can actually read and reread his books  several times even though you know what is going to happen.

Gordon Korman who wrote The 39 Clues? Can you name a couple of title for me please?

DD loves his MacDonald Hall series.  It's about a few boys and their hijinks at a boarding school.

http://www.goodreads.com/series/52114-macdonald-hall

Daniel Pinkwater

Yotsuba&! series

Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom and The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle

ETA: There are two Pinkwater collections... 5 Novels  and 4: Fantastic Novels  (expensive, but plenty are available used); these and the Hoboken Chicken Emergency are a great place to start.