Menu

When it rains, it pours! We just learned tonight that dd's birth mother died yesterday.

Rose in BC

We have an open adoption although we've only ever had relationship with birth mom's grandparents. Grampa called right away because he didn't want dd to hear through social media, etc. Very respectful.

They don't live close. But dd wants to go to funeral (she never met her birth mother). It happens she will be visiting my family at that time, who live about three hours away. My sister and adult niece (different sister and niece than helping with ds who has chosen to live with birth mom) said they would happily take her. We've visited grandparents a few times over the years.

My dd's birth grandparents adopted my dd's birth mother who had FASD but didn't drink during pregnancy (she was a teen when she gave birth to our daughter). Tonight they told us that our dd was a good legacy of their daughter who suffered so much with addiction. The cycle is definitely broken in my dd.

A bit overwhelming. Dd wrote a song in honour of her birth mother. Very emotional night at our house.

Rose, what a blessing your family is, and wow--kudos to your dd's birth grandparents!  I'm so glad for them that they have your and your dd, after all the heartache they've been through.

Sending good thoughts your way (and a prayer right now) for strength on this emotional day.  Hugs for your dd, too.