Menu

Frustrated potty training stories welcome here!!!

I need some perspective. My 3.73 yod is making me crazy. She waits all day long until we put on a night time diaper. No matter what incentive, no matter how on-the-verge she is when we put her on the potty, nothing works.

I logically know it will happen in time, but I am getting quite frustrated with her.

Sooooooooooo,

Lets hear it. Who nearly sold their preschooler to the gypsies due to potty training issues?

I need some perspective. My 3.73 yod is making me crazy. She waits all day long until we put on a night time diaper. No matter what incentive, no matter how on-the-verge she is when we put her on the potty, nothing works.

I logically know it will happen in time, but I am getting quite frustrated with her.

Sooooooooooo,

Lets hear it. Who nearly sold their preschooler to the gypsies due to potty training issues?

My youngest boy didn't train until 4 and he had poopy issues through 5. Then he wet the bed til 8 and still has periodic accidents at 10. Some take longer. And yes, I did want to sell him to the gypsies. LOL I love that phrase! :grouphug:

I'll be in the club:001_smile: My dd wasn't trained until about a month before her 4th!!!! birthday:001_huh::angry::crying:

I thought girls were supposed to be easier, quick, motivated! But she'd pee on the floor right in front of me because she had held it so long insisting she "didn't have to go". This was after numerous trips to the pot.

For #2 she'd also wait for the naptime/bedtime dipe or pull-up in the car/appt. offices!! It never mattered how many times I put her on the potty to try.

I'd leave her there for soooooo long. I tried chocolate chip rewards/bribes. Her father treated her to ice cream the first time she peed on the potty, but we couldn't get her to do it again. She did keep asking when she could have another ice cream, though. It seemed she didn't get the connection.

Sometimes she was afraid of the toilet itself. Sometimes it was the sound of the flush. I held her while she sat. We read stories foreverrrrr. I ran the faucet, sang songs, chatted, nagged, and after a few months of trying, occasionally scolded. No results.

At Grandma's suggestion, I bought several packs of pretty girl underwear with pictures on them. "Don't go on Cinderella" was the idea.

Poor Cinderella! Poor Snow White! I had a lot of Disney princess laundry to do.

But when my own little princess was almost 4 and I had sunk into potty training despair, she decided she was ready. And she was. She had only one or two accidents, was dry at naptime very quickly, and could go through a long night before age 5.

True to her character, dd did it on her own terms, just like she does everything else.;)

Good Luck, hang in there, and don't give up hope

The youngest is almost 3, but it has been this way for 6 months. And we're talking a lot of accidents for the older. A LOT. And that's meant, not as a brag on the youngest, but in terms of letting the gypsies help out with potty training the older one.

Don't even get me started on being dry at night. For either of them.

If boys are harder, I may be glad I don't have a boy.:glare:

My ds was the toughest. By age 3 1/2 he was peeing on the potty but would not poop on the potty. At all. He would just do it in his pants. This went on for weeks and I was about at my wits end.

Then I read a suggestion that suggested making the cleanup as unpleasant as possible for the child. Their suggestion...hose 'em down! So the very next time he pooped in his pants, I calmly took him out in the back yard, took off his dirty pants & underpants and explained that he was much to big to clean up in the house now because it's just too messy and I would have to clean him outside from now on. Then I took the hose and gently hosed his bottom down (thank goodness the weather was still warm enough). I only had to do that once! For my ds, that worked like a charm and from that time on he pooped in the potty! Needless to say I was very happy. :001_smile: