Menu

Here are my MCT Levels 2 & 4 36 week day by day schedules...

This weekend I went through all of our new MCT curricula and planned it our for the year.  I was going to upload it here, but I get the message that says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file (it is a Word doc).  I have posted it to the MCT yahoo group files, so if you are a member of that, you can see it there.  If anyone knows how I can upload the files here, please let me know.  If you want me to email them to you, just message me and let me know.  I know many people have expressed confusion about how to schedule MCT and these files show my take on it.

Awesome! 

This is such a fantastic help.  We joined a charter school this year and they are ordering MCT 2 for me but I still have not received it.  This is one of the items I really wanted to get ahold of early for planning purposes so this is wonderful!

Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you.

Jesi

Some of us like to see the big picture and have a more structured plan to follow. To be honest, without such a plan I often fail to stay the course. I'm sure our minds all work in very different ways in that regard. What's easy for some is harder for others. OP, thanks so much for taking the time to plot this out and for sharing it with us. I only wish you'd done level 3 as well :) but I'll be holding on to level 4 for future use.

Thanks, Dawn E!  I was going to do level 3, but I am waiting for the new CE 2 to come out before I do.  They keep putting it off, and I think now they are saying October.   :glare:  I'll post that schedule here when it is done.

I really wouldn't HAVE to schedule levels 1-3 (except that I like to make schedules  :laugh: ), but Level 4 is a different story.  I made that one first.  It is much more intense with WWW and my dd12 is a fiend for schedules, so that is why I started it.  She wants to be handed a list and have the satisfaction of checking things off and moving on.  I would not have the discipline to do that for her daily, or even weekly, but I can make myself sit down for a solid day and do it for the year for several subjects.  Then at least she knows the minimum that she has to do to get it done.  Typically, my kids get more done than I expect each day and work ahead.  They can do that because I have done the planning ahead of time.  It works for us!  They also know when something different is coming up and look forward to it as a change of pace.  Each subject has at least one week that is out of the usual routine (in this case a unit on the Gettysburg Address, or a Black Death Problem Based Unit in History, for example).