Menu

Need Help Homeschooling 2nd grader

JASTECH

Howdy, My son and I were abandoned over 3 yrs. ago after my accident at work disabled me, so it's been very difficult to say the least. My son is 6 and I want to HS him starting this year for 2nd grade. Last year they would only advance him to the 2nd grade for part of the day, when my son corrected the teacher she would punish him each time up to sending him home. So a single father needs help badly before charges are filed for him not being in school. I use a Note 2 Android phablet to access outside world. We are Christians and follow the Lord but struggle. My wife took $5k and max'd cards out before she abandoned us so money is not there to pay anybody for which I am sorry. So I need to download and print all that is needed OR software for which I can instal the entire year (5 days a week all year) so he can advance properly. I have taught my son about Green Energy, so he started solar charging systems at 5yrs. old and needs more advanced kit (256pc.) for Science. Please PM me with your knowledge for assistance. I may have a not working laptop donated in a couple weeks from Idaho. I have Android on this phablet and maybe can port Ubuntu onto it or laptop.

Thanks, JASTECH

Lorisuewho, Thank you very much mam! I will download them onto a MicroSD card then print as needed. If I may ask another question? Should all of my son's work be saved? Asking do to the custody of my son and I eating "Organic" food he took for lunch which leaned a lot on fruit and veggies and my son telling the teacher after some type of talk that "if she did'nt believe in God then she was going to Hell" After that my son was sent to the Principle's Office almost daily, then sent home 3 out of 5 days and one day while snow storm/iced roads she called and demanded he be taken home within 15min. or she will have him arrested and I would need to pick him up at Jail. Well I had to get my portable oxygen on and wait for my ride, it was slow going on the roads. Arrived at the school (very upset) Deputy already there but it did'nt matter, I CHEWED out the Principle and also the Volunteer who yelled at my son a few times in his face while in the 2nd grade classroom. On the way back to my mom's house her van started sliding on the black icy and so the 3 of us ended up in a ditch with my side on the ground so I was stuck for awhile.

So I still need all subject for 2nd grade and continued into 3rd so that my son can stay challenged. Thank you members so much for any and all help, been praying for the Lord to help my son & I with all this mess. I am glad the Lord is here!

Thanks and sorry for long post, JASTECH

Hmm, True and my learning goes on. If what iv'e read is true then this state of Nebraska is very leanant. But, considering the situation my son and I are in with the Principle of the school now has filed a sworn statement against my son and I for all above and much more which has went to the Judge for our custody/div/visitation case. You see, after she and his 2nd grade teacher treated him this way and I went to bat for my son for his faith in God and not backing down, early summer I was told that both of the adults were "transfered" to different schools. Now my divorce attourney sends me the big pack of accusations from the possibly ex-Principle and I think she found out who my wife's attourney is ect. you get the picture?

There is a great organization that sends homeschooling books to families that need them called The Book Samaritan. In your situation I would contact them and ask for easy to use second grade curriculum. http://www.amblesideonline.org/curriculum.shtml is a free curriculum that uses as many online free books as possible. Do you have access to a library? If you do, search for titles by the Peace Hill Press (owners of this forum). They publish history and English books as well as a guide to homeschooling called The Well Trained Mind. 

Rod & Staff has several wonderful and inexpensive items. This year we are using and like the 2nd grade Spelling and 2nd grade Artpac.

Some other good options for hitting the basics include Sylvan's grade level workbooks Language Arts Success and Super Math Success.

It is hard to feel thrown into homeschooling by a difficult school situation, but there are a lot of good options, many of them inexpensive.