Menu

Update on NCAA Journey

Blue Hen

This is a follow-up to the thread http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/482794-heard-from-the-ncaa/

After receiving the email from the NCAA stating that the Core Course Worksheets pdfs were all blank I sent the package snail-mail.

Today in checking DS *My Planner* at the NCAA Eligibility Center I found the *Missing Core-Course Worksheets* box had been checked off. :hurray:  The disclosure box states

The NCAA Eligibility Center must receive core-course worksheets for all core courses completed through homeschool. Core Courses are only in the areas of English, math, science, social studies, foreign language, and comparative religion/philosophy. ....  This task will be marked as "Complete" when the information is reviewed.

I'm guessing that since his *My Planner Missing Core-Course Worksheets* box has been checked off that they have reviewed the CC worksheets, however under Academic Status DS is still identified as *Decision not yet available*  Does anyone know if they might change this is a *Preliminary Certified*?  Also in the Academic Status pop-up window the Core Courses section still states *There are no courses to display for this section.*  Either they checked the first box because the worksheets have been received rather than reviewed, or the worksheets really have been reviewed and the *Core Course* list just hasn't been updated yet.

At least I know that they finally have our Core Course Worksheets. 

It's confusing to me, too.   So I just went on to check my son's status.......everything is checked off except

1.   end-of-year final transcript (so when do I send that in?)  

2.  Missing the school administrator letter.

"NCAA must receive evidence that the home schooling was conducted in accordance with state laws.   (A signed written statement from the home schooled administrator verifying compliance with state home school legislation or any other supporting documentation)" .... so is that just a letter from me or what?

3.  We're still marked  'decision not available" and *There are no courses to display for this section.* - even though they have had my son's courses for 3 months now......and have checked off that they had them.  Hmmmmm....

Myra

Does anyone know if they might change this is a *Preliminary Certified*?

It is my understanding that they will not be working on the 2014 grads until the fall.

Ds's Open Tasks show that the homeschool transcript has not been received (which means reviewed because I verified that they have received it and it shows received under Transcripts).  There are no core courses under Academic Status either.

I think you should call and ask why there aren't any core courses if they've reviewed your CC worksheets.  <wink>

ETA:  Does yours actually have the Homeschool Transcript Needed marked as Complete? This would mean to me that they have reviewed it.

1.   end-of-year final transcript (so when do I send that in?)  

2.  Missing the school administrator letter.

"NCAA must receive evidence that the home schooling was conducted in accordance with state laws.   (A signed written statement from the home schooled administrator verifying compliance with state home school legislation or any other supporting documentation)" .... so is that just a letter from me or what?

3.  We're still marked  'decision not available" and *There are no courses to display for this section.* - even though they have had my son's courses for 3 months now......and have checked off that they had them.  Hmmmmm....

1. After senior year

2. I think you are mixing up 2 check boxes here.  You need to have a homeschool administrator statement stating who taught and evaluated, etc.  I made up a word document with exactly what they asked for.  In some cases, course by course.  You also need to supply evidence that you complied with state laws.  I thought about having the county send them something, but they checked it off.  I'm assuming it's because I have this on my transcript:  Homeschool, operated in accordance with Florida Statute 1002.41.  Makes it look official, right?

3. It is my understanding that they will not be working on the 2014 grads until the fall.

HTH!

Sue,

Thanks for the info.   You are right...I was mixing up two check boxes.  I already have a check in the one box that requires the homeschool administrator (me) to verify who taught what & when.  The box I didn't have checked off was the home school administrator's verifying compliance with state laws.  I took a hint from your idea and said operated in accordance with New York Statue 100.10.So I just mailed that letter off. 

So now....just wait and see what's up.  

Thanks,

Myra 

It is my understanding that they will not be working on the 2014 grads until the fall.

Ds's Open Tasks show that the homeschool transcript has not been received (which means reviewed because I verified that they have received it and it shows received under Transcripts).  There are no core courses under Academic Status either.

I think you should call and ask why there aren't any core courses if they've reviewed your CC worksheets.  <wink>

ETA:  Does yours actually have the Homeschool Transcript Needed marked as Complete? This would mean to me that they have reviewed it.

For us the Homeschool Transcript Needed box is checked as is the CC transcript box, the Final transcript is not checked off but he still has a year to go.

I'll let you know what they say when I call. Won't be today since I have a birthday cake to bake.

Carole

I spoke to Ryan at the NCAA about the *Missing Core Course Worksheets* box being checked off however the core courses are not listed under *Academic Status.*

As we thought the first box is checked off when they are received (not reviewed as the box states) and placed into DS file. The courses will be reviewed in October or November.

Carole

The courses will be reviewed in October or November.

I can't wait that long.  :svengo: Then again, at this point, ds is not interested in the only D1 school that is interested in him.  There are only 2 D2 schools interested in him that I know of.  There are dozens of D3 schools interested in him.  I wonder if all my NCAA work will be for naught.