Menu

• 1 month later...

I was very much hoping the guide for the medieval world book would be out this fall. Any chance of giving us a preview of the first few chapters to start our school year?

Brookspr, yes, I can send you a sample copy of the first several chapters of the Medieval World study-guide. Email me at justin AT peacehillpress DOT com and i'll email it to you.

• 3 months later...

Brookspr, yes, I can send you a sample copy of the first several chapters of the Medieval World study-guide. Email me at justin AT peacehillpress DOT com and i'll email it to you.

Is there an update for the availability of the Medieval World study guide?

Is a Renaissance World guide in the works?

And maps to go with the new guides? And maybe literature notes for those of us with large age spreads who do not have time to read every thing ourselves or have long conversations? Maybe a cheat sheet so to speak?

Is there an update for the availability of the Medieval World study guide?

Is a Renaissance World guide in the works?

Sebastian, we're nearing completion on the Medieval World guide, and then we just need to give it another round of proofreading, typeset it, check the typeset proofs, and send it to the printer. January/February? We'll post more updates when we know more, for sure!

And maps to go with the new guides? And maybe literature notes for those of us with large age spreads who do not have time to read every thing ourselves or have long conversations? Maybe a cheat sheet so to speak?

Paradox5, we currently sell maps for the Ancient World guide, for people who have been reading Ancient World on kindle and don't have paper maps to use. Those are here. We do plan on offering similar maps for Medieval World.

Sebastian, we're nearing completion on the Medieval World guide, and then we just need to give it another round of proofreading, typeset it, check the typeset proofs, and send it to the printer. January/February? We'll post more updates when we know more, for sure!

Thanks for the update.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jensmom99

Edit: Please pardon my failure to read far enough. I'm new to the forum. I read a bit further and realized than my question has been addressed earlier in this thread.

We began the year with Notgrass curriculum but it was so dry my dd was choking (ha!). We checked out History of the Ancient World from the library to take it for a spin and she really enjoyed the writing. We worked through some of the study guide sample and decided this was the way to go for spring semester. However, we decided to use History of the Medieval World because her first semester of Notgrass ended with Rome. I ordered the book and went to PHP to order the study guide only to find there is none! I'm working on my plans and I've found some help and great ideas within the HS forum. From this thread, it looks as though a study guide for HOMW is in the works. Do you have a release date? Will it come in time for me to use for part of this semester? 

Any new update for the Medieval Guide? I can't wait to hit order and get a copy in my hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Justin -

Are you still offering copies to get started while we continue to wait?

Any new word when consumers will be able to get the full edition?

Thank you.

Justin -

Are you still offering copies to get started while we continue to wait?

Any new word when consumers will be able to get the full edition?

Thank you.

Yes, we have samples (they now include even more chapters...through 81 I believe) for while you wait. Email me at justin AT peacehillpress DOT com.

The manuscript is complete and has begun the typesetting process. After that, it'll be proofread, and then prepared for printing. It's HUGE, but it's looking really good, and it will include copies of the maps that are used in the map exercises. I would estimate that we'll be selling PDF versions in March, and full copies by April. I'll update here when we have more specific dates.

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've just posted the first five instructor and first five student sections from "Study and Teaching Guide for The History of the Ancient World," coming next month from Peace Hill Press.

Susan Wise Bauer's "The History of the Ancient World" is widely used in advanced high-school history classes, as well as by home educating parents. This Study and Teaching Guide, designed for use by both parents and teachers, provides a full curriculum with study questions and answers, critical thinking assignments, essay topics, instructor rubrics, and test forms. Explanations for answers and teaching tips are also included.

Designed by historian and teacher Julia Kaziewicz, in cooperation with Susan Wise Bauer, makes "The History of the Ancient World" more accessible to parents & teachers.

We'll answer your questions on this thread, if you have any.

I just did a speed read of The Story of the World Volume 1: Ancient Times sample. What grade/lexile level is this written for?  You mention HS but seems more like Middle School level to me.

[My son will taking AP World History next year as a 10th Grader they use Stearns et al., World Civilizations,  I am looking around for material to create a home bridge course now since he is not taking any Social Studies classes this year in 9th grade.]

thanks

MarkT--the Story of the World (Peace Hill Press) is an elementary grade program. The "History of the World" series published by W. W. Norton is a high school/adult level history. The guides are for the Norton series, not the PHP series. Hope that clarifies--

SWB

thanks - I should read more closely next time - it did some to be too easy (but nicely done)