Menu

First ten weeks of Writing With Skill 2 now available FREE!

Writing with Skill was originally written to be used with a student as early as 5th grade.  An advanced 5th grader may be able to do this, however my dd was not ready.  We started with WWS level 1 in 6th grade.  It was still a challenge, but we slowed down in some places until we completed it. I actually chimed in on some threads about how this course was impossible!  That has all changed.  By the time she got to the 1,000 word research assignment she sailed through it with almost no help (I had not read the teacher manual where it said I was to check each step of the way, but she did great with some minor revisions).  I believe older students are doing these books at double time.  They are so valuable!!  If you go to some of the older postings on WWS you will get a lot  more information.  Susan Wise Bauer (SWB) has a thread that is a must-read.  Although she will have several more books in this series that will go through high school, they are not written yet.

Sheri

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...