Menu

Question on Hake Grammar 6 and writing

We are planning on using Hake Grammar 6 this year for grammar. I am also wanting to use IEW SWI-A for writing, so am I ok in just eliminating all of the writing/composition portions of Hake (besides the journal and dictation)? It looks decent, but my dyslexic DS needs help with his writing BAD. I think it would be too much for him to do both.

We are planning on using Hake Grammar 6 this year for grammar. I am also wanting to use IEW SWI-A for writing, so am I ok in just eliminating all of the writing/composition portions of Hake (besides the journal and dictation)? It looks decent, but my dyslexic DS needs help with his writing BAD. I think it would be too much for him to do both.

I definitely would not try to do both. If you think IEW will work best for your son, use that. The grammar and writing portions are totally separate so you do not lose anything by not doing the Hake writing.

Kim

I definitely would not try to do both. If you think IEW will work best for your son, use that. The grammar and writing portions are totally separate so you do not lose anything by not doing the Hake writing.

Kim

I agree. I'm not super impressed with the writing portion of Hake, but we're doing a separate writing program. You always have the option of using it later (maybe next summer?) if you think he needs more.