Menu

I need your favorite grilled salmon ideas...

I don't marinade them in anything. A little salt, pepper and lemon juice sprinkled over them then girll.

As for sides, if I'm grilling I don't want the house hot by cooking anything so I chop some veggies and put them on the grill basket. If you don't have a grill basket, wrap them in foil with butter and salt.

We eat very little sugar, but occasionally (especially if we have reluctant fish-eaters at the table), I'll make a glaze using a little brown or white sugar and just enough soy-sauce to make a thin paste, and brushing this glaze on before it goes under the broiler.

It adds a nice touch flavor-wise, and results in a very appetizing color (as opposed to the life-less pink-gray you can sometimes wind up with when broiling salmon).

Bill

There is an awesome recipe in the Joy of Cooking (sorry can't get it for you right now) that has a tomato basil relish.

Basically you thickly slice onions and put them on top of the fish in a broiler pan. Broil the fish until the onions are caramelized and the fish is done and make the relish of tomatoes, basil, a little lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, and mint. It is heavenly.

There is an awesome recipe in the Joy of Cooking (sorry can't get it for you right now) that has a tomato basil relish.

Basically you thickly slice onions and put them on top of the fish in a broiler pan. Broil the fish until the onions are caramelized and the fish is done and make the relish of tomatoes, basil, a little lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, and mint. It is heavenly.

This sounds good!

Mrs Spy Car does something similar with red onions, which she slices into very thin "rings", and broils on top of the fish. Which is yummy. The additional ingredients you mention added on would, in my estimation. be awesome!!! :drool5:

Bill

Just had to share this one...yummy!

3/4 c. maple syrup

2 tbs ketchup

1 tbs brown sugar

1 tbs cider vinegar

1 tbs worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp ground mustard

1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce

2 1b salmon

Combine 1st 8 ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup in bag; add salmon. Refridgerate up to 2 hours. Coat grill with nonstick spray. Grill skin side up 2-4 min. Transfer to a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Spoon reserved marinade over fish. Fold foil and seal. Grill 5-6 minutes longer.

I think this is from a Taste of Home magazine.

Guest wingchic96

My aunt swears by Italian salad dressing (which I'll try next time). I use Magic Salmon Seasoning that I picked up by the seafood case at the grocery. We really like that.