Menu

18" doll for the younger crowd?

blondeviolin

My nearly-4yo has had an 18-inch Fancy Nancy doll that she has loved and played with for nearly her whole life. This evening, her arm got stuck between her bed and the wall and Fancy Nancy's arm got ripped off. We are trying to glue it back, but it probably won't be a permanent fix. This thing has been carried and loved and banged around. I believe it's a Madame Alexander.

Anyway, in the event that Fancy Nancy does not survive, what does the Hive recommend? Her birthday is Monday, so if I can order it from Amazon, I can have it for her birthday. Should we go with another Madame Alexander?

ETA: She does NOT want a baby doll.

I bought my five year old a previously loved (AKA used) American Girl doll off of ebay last Christmas. It was a substantially cheaper route than a new AG, but the quality is far superior to the ones I saw at Target and Walmart. I do have to say that the accessories for the 18" doll line at Target are fantastic though!!! Very affordable, good quality and a good selection.