Menu

I need an opinion - furniture question!

My ds's crib is falling apart. It really has gotten to the point of not being safe, so I need to get a new bed. I can't decide if I want to get a toddler bed, or get a captain's bed with the storage underneath. The toddler bed would obviously be cheaper, but he's already tall for his age and we would be replacing that with a big bed sooner rather than later. His room is tiny, so I can't just get a regular twin bed plus the dresser and toys in there.

Apparently my decision making capablities are compromised because I've been debating this for a week now. He is completely content in the crib, and I hate to give up the comfort of knowing he can't escape, but I guess it's time to move on.

I'm for simplicity - get the bigger bed that can last him for many years. Or get a playpen for now - this is what we use instead of a crib. Our 2-1/2 year old is still sleeping in the playpen; our dd did until she was about 3-1/2. I like that non-escapability feature too!