Menu

My new blog

ChristyB in TN

The most interesting people I know...

...read. Now I would like to gather all the interesting people together in one spot, virtually or physically, to read the same books and share thoughts and insight. The purpose for any discussion group is to grow a little every time a discussion happens, I want no less from this group. This is an open group, I realize that discussion of books among people who may or may not know one another in real life, people who come from different backgrounds, neighborhoods, religions, and planets may escalate into heated new perspectives and maybe even a broader world view among everyone involved. This is risky and should be handled cautiously and with the utmost respect and sense of hope. I have worried about the book selection for some time now. I think I would like to focus on the winners. Let's read the Pulitzer Prize Winners and the books nominated for the prize as well. I would like to dive into the Booker Prize Winners and nominees, also. We can bounce around from list to list for variety. I will post a starter schedule and we can add to it as we go. We will be discussing the books here so please jump in and comment and post the part of the books that seem puzzling or conflicting for you. Discussion will be positive and treating one another with respect, even in disagreements. However, it is not necessary to treat the books with the same respect, it is okay to hate book. Even though some will make it through the list quickly, only 1 book is really featured every month. Invite some interesting person you know to join us! I will try to keep the group free of spammers and trolls, be patient with me and try not to wear your feelings out on your sleeve where someone can virtually slap them with their mean spirited trollness. Remember that everyone comes from some place you've probably don't really understand and their perspective is their own. Thank you for being the most interesting people I know. Christy

http://themostinterestingpeopleiknow.blogspot.com/