Menu

Hivers, would this make you crazy???

I ordered $150 of curriculum (not looking to tell you from where - that would be mean) and the very next day, I get an email from said company saying everything that I'd ordered the week before was now on sale, at a 25% discount.

I wouldn't care so much if I'd ordered 2 workbooks, but I ordered $150 worth -- that discount would have translated to free shipping/duty (we're in Canada).

Would you press the company for the discount, even though you did order a week before it went on sale??? This annoyed me . . .

Tell me the truth: get over myself or press the company a bit?

T

I ordered $150 of curriculum (not looking to tell you from where - that would be mean) and the very next day, I get an email from said company saying everything that I'd ordered the week before was now on sale, at a 25% discount.

I wouldn't care so much if I'd ordered 2 workbooks, but I ordered $150 worth -- that discount would have translated to free shipping/duty (we're in Canada).

Would you press the company for the discount, even though you did order a week before it went on sale??? This annoyed me . . .

T

I would at least ask.

T

I'd totally call and ask. Target does this, if you buy an item and it goes on sale the next week- take your receipt in and get the difference. Its only one day, ask! AND>>>> if they give you the discount, thats good customer service. I think if they give it to you, you should come back and tell us WHO the company with such great service is! :tongue_smilie:

There are plenty of large stores that would give you the discount if you had purchased within a month or so of the sale.

I would definitely ask them for the discount. Even if it has already shipped, they could credit it back to your card (assuming you paid with credit card).

I'd think twice about ordering from them again if they were unwilling to do it.

Michelle T

I ordered a monstrous amount of curricula from Explorer's Bible, not knowing that each book would last for a year. I bought enough bible studies to last my oldest 4 years and my youngest 2. :tongue_smilie:

I did ask for the discount simply because I ordered so much. This was their response. Check one for the good guys.

Thanks for the encouragement, hive!

Warmly, Tricia

We will credit your account the 25% and send your credit receipt with the other two books. Please let us know the name the order was placed under and the sales receipt number if possible so that we can credit the correct account.

Thank-you.

Sincerely,

Dee Murtha

customersupport@explorerbiblestudy.org

Customer Support - Explorer's Bible Study

800-657-2874

I'd insist on the discount, definitely. Calmly. I wouldn't let it upset me, no, because I'm determined not to get bent out of shape anymore! :)

I honestly believe that most companies would honor this. Especially if you call and request it.

I probably wouldn't do business with them if they wouldn't (not even for this transaction). But that's just me. I expect excellent customer service and fast shipping, and if I don't get it, I shop elsewhere.

Pottery Barn is great about that as well. If an item goes down in price during the month after purchase, if you call, they will issue a credit to you. Dh got me a vanity table/desk for Christmas one year (from PB). It went down 2 times in the month after purchase! They gave us the discount both times too! They have great customer service from my experience.

Glad you called and asked. It never hurts to inquire!

Well, you want us to tell the truth. ;) As much as you deserve the discount. It really wasn't available when you ordered, so they aren't obligated probably. But you could call and find out when and how often they do it so you can be apart of it next time you order. They probably have a set time each year they offer it. Hope that helps.