Menu

Bend/Redmond, OR--- Vacation ideas please

m0mmaBuck

We are headed to Redmond/Bend again in September.  I am looking for fun activities to do with our family.  We have been there before and have done the following:

-Columbia River Gorge (scenic highway including several waterfalls inc. Multnomah Falls, Vista House, Bonneville Locks and Dam, Bonneville Fish Hatchery)

-Deschutes Brewery Tour

-Goody's Chocolate Tour

-The High Desert Museum

-Richardson's Rock Ranch (dig for thunder eggs)

-Newberry National Volcanic Monument (including Lava Butte, Lava River Caves, East Lake and Paulina Lake)

-John Day Fossil Beds National Monument (including Painted Hills, Sheep Rock, and Clarno units as well as digging for fossils in Fossil)

-rock climbing at Smith Rock

-Oregon Observatory at Sunriver

-golfing at Eagle Crest

I'm thinking of driving down through Warm Springs to go to the Native American Museum there.  I'm also looking at a trip out through Sisters to Proxy Falls and the Belknap Hot Springs.  Another day trip would be to do the Canyon Creek Meadows Trail near Three Fingered Jack. 

Any other ideas?

You guys have done a lot of fun things! A few other ideas:

Heading up to Mt Bachelor to ride the chair lift to lodge for dinner (pricey though, FYI)

White water rafting on the Big Eddy (ages 6 and up)

Renting paddle boards and paddling the Deschutes River (a younger child can sit on the board in a life jacket while an adult paddles)

Floating the river in a raft

Hiking at Todd's Lake

Bike riding or hiking at Shevlin park (right outside of downtown and beautiful)

Sunriver Nature Center

Sunriver Sharc pool/water slides (pricey)

The Metolious trail hike out towards Sisters is beautiful, I've heard. Also there's a cafe there I've been dying to try called Angeline's (gluten free/vegan and supposed to be incredibly good).