Menu

Moving from Singapore Math to Strayer Upton Question

vwsmith

For my son's first grade year we used Singapore Math 1A/1B Standards Edition. However, during this time I was introduced to Strayer Upton Practical Arithmetic and think I'm in love   :wub:

Anyway, I realize SU doesn't begin till 3rd grade so here is my question:

What do I do until then? Do I continue on with Singapore 2A/2B for 2nd grade? Do I go ahead and start with SU in 2nd and just take it slowly? Or perhaps go sans any formal math curriculum and review math facts this year as needed then pick up with SU in third?

Also, for those who use SU, what do you follow/plan to follow it with when moving into higher math? 

SU reviews grades 1 and 2 math because it was written when some schools did not teach textbook math until 3rd grade. I have a moldy copy of the grade 1-2 book. Many of the pages are identical to the grade 3-4 book. You could start the early 3rd grade pages or do what schools often did then.

Download the Simply Charlotte Mason math pdf for $10.95. I think you will really like it.