Menu

What is the age difference between you and your spouse?

Luanne

Age difference between mates  

378 members have voted

1. 1. What is the age difference between you and your spouse?

• He/she is 6 or more years younger than I am (please specify)
    • He/she is 4-5 years younger than I am
    • He/she is 2-3 years younger than I am
    • He/she is within 2 years of my age (older or younger)
    • He/she is 2-3 years older than I am
    • He/she is 4-5 years older than I am
    • He/she is 6 or more years older than I am (please specify)
    • Other - or I don't have a spouse

We're about six months apart. I imagine those who meet in school (university, high school, whatever) are more likely to fall close in age than those who meet post graduation?

I honestly don't think it matters much at all in terms of healthy marriages.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DH is 10 years older. And I make sure to remind him regularly that he "caught a youngun'"  :lol:

(Although it usually happens without me meaning to, he'll mention something from late 70s for example and I will say "oh, I never heard of that I was only 2 (Or the like) when that happened" or whatever :smilielol5: )

My DH is 10 years older. And I make sure to remind him regularly that he "caught a youngun'"  :lol:

(Although it usually happens without me meaning to, he'll mention something from late 70s for example and I will say "oh, I never heard of that I was only 2 (Or the like) when that happened" or whatever :smilielol5: )

I used to do this with my first husband.  He was 7 years older than me.  He asked me where I was when Kennedy was shot.  I told him I wasn't born yet.

Hahaha!  That happens with DH and I all. the. time.

I'm three years, seven months older than he is.  We met in our college marching band, where we both played clarinet.  He was not a freshman, he was a junior; I was "still" a senior, because I'd changed my major after I already was a senior.  We didn't start dating until after I'd graduated a year later, so when we married, he was 22 and I was 26.

Hahaha!  That happens with DH and I all. the. time.

That happens to DH and me often enough. He is only 8 1/2 years older, but I was always oblivous to many things for a long time. So put that together and volia.

(Mind you I still say Huh? to many things Huh? What do you mean something Lady Gaga - who is that?)

I'm 2 months older than him. And for those two months we joke about how he's married to an "older woman". ;) We had a good laugh the other night when he realized his birthday has passed and he's no longer "younger" than me.

I am 6 months older than DH. We didn't meet until we were in our mid 20s, but we did graduate the same year in high school.

I learned from him that if you have a late summer or Fall baby, put them in the grade lower than the state says they can go in to. He hated having an October birthday and being young. He started K at age 4.

The problem came in the summer. He used to play summer baseball and other sports and he always had to go with the kids in the grade below him because he didn't have the age by the cut off date. All his friends were together in another field.

Don't know why I threw that in there, but it was on my mind. Thankfully all my babies were late winter/early Spring babies and it was never an issue.