Menu

Is Conceptual Physics less difficult than Conceptual Chemistry?

I have only looked at the samples of Conceptual Chemistry online (extensive) and I have Conceptual Physics for high school. From what I understand, Conceptual Chemistry is actually written for the college level (non-major, science phobic types) whereas the high school version of Conceptual Physics is an easier version of the college version.

I will be using Conceptual Physical Science-Explorations with my 7th grader next year. It is targeted to grades 9-10. It is written by the same people but is just a bit easier than the texts for older students. I was really happy when I found it. We will be doing the physics portion over the year adding in lots of labs and then doing the chemistry portion next year.

I have only looked at the samples of Conceptual Chemistry online (extensive) and I have Conceptual Physics for high school. From what I understand, Conceptual Chemistry is actually written for the college level (non-major, science phobic types) whereas the high school version of Conceptual Physics is an easier version of the college version.

I will be using Conceptual Physical Science-Explorations with my 7th grader next year. It is targeted to grades 9-10. It is written by the same people but is just a bit easier than the texts for older students. I was really happy when I found it. We will be doing the physics portion over the year adding in lots of labs and then doing the chemistry portion next year.

I will look into this. Where did you buy yours from? Is there a teacher's edition or lab manual?

Thanks,

Karen

I just got it from the publisher--Pearson. There is a teacher's edition and a lab manual, though the labs are more for classroom use. There also is a workbook (Practice Book) that seems very good. Not the normal regurgitation of facts. For labs, I went to Home Science Tools and a few other science sites and got some kits that go with the topics in the book.