Menu

We need a new freezer for the garage any suggestions

Hi all,

We've far outgrown our tiny 7 cuft upright freezer. Our rental home has a side by side (which I hate) and there's barely any room for food in it even though the thing is a beast size wise. Why do people by these things?

Any way, we're looking for something in the 15-20 cuft. size range to put in our garage.

Anybody have any brands they suggest or ones they don't recommend from experience. Any tips?

Thanks in advance

No ideas on brands, but check with your electric company to see if they have any kind of rebate. We just got a flyer in the mail today about how they will buy your old freezer (pre-1995) and take them away for $100 towards a new freezer. This was timely for us since we are thinking about getting a new freezer also!

No ideas on brands, but check with your electric company to see if they have any kind of rebate. We just got a flyer in the mail today about how they will buy your old freezer (pre-1995) and take them away for $100 towards a new freezer. This was timely for us since we are thinking about getting a new freezer also!

Too bad that offer for money is not near me..my freezer is probably older than I am! We inherited with a house purchase..about 24 years ago and it was so old then the previous owners were afraid it would croak if they moved it! We have moved it twice since then and it just keeps ticking!

Another thought..hubby the engineer always says it is very hard on freezers or fridges, to be in the garage. Something about the stress the motors go thru being in such extreme cold and extreme heat. Of course, since I don't know where you live, maybe the weather isn't a factor..but it is here in Michigan!

Also try garage sales/Craigs List - we got an excellent, HUGE upright freezer for $30 and moving it out of the neighbor's house ourselves. True it is not frost free..and the door only stays shut when we keep a chair braced against it - but it FREEZE great ....and was only $30!!!